Chris Benoit, and Family, found dead

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:20 PM

I just heard a bit ago, wrestling legend Chris Benoit, and his wife and child, were apparently found dead in their Atlanta, GA home Monday. The circumstances around the deaths seem awfully strange to me; and Im having trouble believing it as it stands. The full story can be found here. No matter how it REALLY happened, it is such a shame, and a great loss to their friends and family.

~apoetalone~

#2 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:27 PM

I heard about that. They say it might've been a double murder-suicide.

#3 Papa

Papa

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, thats the official ruling as of now. But that just doesnt seem to add up. But then, I didnt really know the guy personally. I HAVE met him a couple of times, and he was cool as all hell. Once, at the airport in STL, I got to talk to him just as they gave him his rental car, and it was a micro-compact-Prius-looking wannabe. He was super-pissed. You shoulda seen him trying to get into it. Hilarious. But anyway, it jsut doesnt seem to add up. Guess Ill wait to hear more of the "facts" as they surface.

~apoetalone~

LONG LIVE THE WOLVERINE!!!!!!!!
IPB Image

#4 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

I was surprised that he didn't show up at Vengence: Night of Champions. He was sechuled to face CM Punk for the vacant ECW Title. I never thought this would happen.

#5 Papa

Papa

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Bowser Blanchette @ Jun 26 2007, 01:33 PM) View Post

I was surprised that he didn't show up at Vengence: Night of Champions. He was sechuled to face CM Punk for the vacant ECW Title. I never thought this would happen.

Yuh, that was a bit odd. Maybe there WAS alot more going on than even his closest friends knew about. I havent been much of a hard-core wrestling fan in yeeeeers, but Benoit was always one of my faves, ever since he made the mainstream scene.

#6 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

You should see the comments people post on the cbsnews.com story. Animals. I really want to see the official police report and such, to see if steroids were involved or if Benoit actually committed the murders.

#7 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

I saw some videos on the people I suscribed that someone named "Christ Benoit" died.
I don't watch wresteling, but it sounds very serious.
so I watched these videos.
Here are the videos if you wanna watch to:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=J49L-gebJ6c <DCompose
http://www.youtube.c...8...ted&search= <Jedite
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mHAj7jgfPLg <Jedite

EDIT: Oh my god.
I didn't bother to look at the entertainment section.
Ok
someone can merge this with that topic.

>.< Doh!

Topics mergified.

Edited by Dethl, 26 June 2007 - 11:26 PM.

#8 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

Yesterday at around 5pm, when I found out of his death I was crushed. He was one of the greatest wrestlers that has ever lived. If you watch my matches you will see that I learned a lot of things by watching his tapes. He was always so respectful and close to his family. That is why I am just in shock that he would do something like this. Something was obiviously wrong with him because every his family and friends are in shock. A murderer is something I would never have labeled him. I would actually expect Hogan more likely than Beniot. And that isn't a cut down, everyone knows how close Hogan is to his family. So as you can see, that is why I am in shock as I never thought Benoit would do this.

It sucks because this is my hero. I wanted to wrestle him one day. And to see my hero do something like this kills me. We will never know why he would do that to his family, but I can't forgive him for that. I will never forgive him for what he did to his faimly. His legacy, I will always respect and I will miss him dearly, as there was no one like him, in the ring.

#9 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

It's all fake, omfg. In so many forums people beleive this. He obviously got out, they did this for attention.

------------------NEW POST STARTS HERE BECAUSE MY MERGE MADE HIM DOUBLE POST (Dethl)-------------

Lies!!! I refuse to beleive this crap, this is all for attention!!!

But I can't help feel that he did die....

#10 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Spiro @ Jun 26 2007, 10:28 PM) View Post

It's all fake, omfg. In so many forums people beleive this. He obviously got out, they did this for attention.

This is no joke. Why would you think that this is all a joke?

#11 Sprotret

Sprotret

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

Because wrestling always wants more viewers.

Or they guy just kill himself, 'cause his familly is 'dead' that kinda feels like a punch in my gut.

Edited by Spiro, 26 June 2007 - 09:53 PM.

#12 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(Spiro @ Jun 26 2007, 10:51 PM) View Post

Lies!!! I refuse to beleive this crap, this is all for attention!!!

This is all true, Spiro. If this was a joke, why would the media talk about his death?

#13 Sprotret

Sprotret

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

I don't know, they're all in it maybe? I don't care about wrestling though, this guy's just another 'meh' death to me.

#14 soundlyParanoid

soundlyParanoid

History / Lit Geek

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(Spiro @ Jun 26 2007, 09:52 PM) View Post

Because wrestling always wants more viewers.

Or they guy just kill himself, 'cause his familly is 'dead' that kinda feels like a punch in my gut.

So wait. You're saying that he faked his own death of not only himself, but his family, as a publicity stunt. Okay. Say that he did. Do you know how unethical that would be, and how much outrage that would cause on behalf of people who grieved for the supposedly fallen man and family? I don't care how much I would stand to gain from a "publicity stunt" like that. It's not worth it causing the mental anguish of friends and family, and nor is it worth what will most likely amount in their resentment towards m'self if I ever did such a thing. No. I sadly believe this is quite real.

#15 Sprotret

Sprotret

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:36 PM

Meh, people care about this guy? For what? Jumping on people, trowing chairs? God, wrestling makes me sick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users