Photo

Screenshot of the Week 151

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 151 (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Some good shots this week!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

jeez you guys are easy to offend, only a ******* ****** would try to defend the jpg.

EDIT by Nathaniel: Removed curse filter evasion. Don't ever do this again .TakaM!

#47 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Jan 13 2007, 10:58 PM) View Post
jeez you guys are easy to offend, only a ******* ****** would try to defend the jpg.

****ing without a censor??? icon_blink.gif

Edited by Sir Pimpalot, 13 January 2007 - 11:38 PM.

#48 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

.TakaM, trolling and filter-evasion are against the rules. I know I don't need to tell you that.

#49 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Once again I am absolutely appalled by the behavior of some people in this forum! This is supposed to be a friendly competition, yet some people choose to ruin an event that is supposed to be both enjoyable and enlightening. Insulting each other back by calling people names such as douchebag and back is not getting even by any means, and toying with people isn't right either. It is acting like bickering children. If we can't learn to compose ourselves like civilized human beings, then we may need to consider harsher consequences for flaming and trolling for this forum in particular, such as not participating in it in any way. Keep in mind that I do have the ability to disallow people from viewing and posting here. I don't want to have to do that, but I will if I find it necessary to keep the peace. .TakaM, Sir Pimpalot, NoeL, and anybody else I forgot if there is anybody else this applies to: You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves. You all need to seriously grow up. This is only a screenshot contest. Nobody is winning money for it. At best you get the satisfaction of winning, participating and/or benefit from constructive pointers. The recent behavior here is not good for those directly involved in it, and it is not good for anybody else either. You all need to take a deep breath and cool it.

#50 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:23 PM

Well, it looks like I was damned from birth. Ah well.

*cuts self*

#51 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:26 PM

Hey Revfan, at least you're not in last place.

*chugs a bottle of pain-killers*

(Yeah, that was a joke. Don't be concerned. icon_wink.gif )

#52 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:28 PM

...You didn't spend 2 weeks ripping tiles...

#53 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:33 PM

Don't take tilesets for granted. Someone ripped the tiles in PTUX; they didn't just appear there.

#54 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

...But you didn't do all that work...

#55 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

I only thought this was amusing after NoeL's first jab, which I thought was meant solely as a joke. Things have gone downhill since I last posted. icon_confused.gif

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Jan 13 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post

Hey Revfan, at least you're not in last place.

it confuses me why you don't have more votes. I, personally, thought it was a really close competition. icon_shrug.gif In any case, it's certainly not because you have a bad shot. Sometimes good shots get last place, and sometimes mediocre ones win; it's all in the luck of the draw for that week.

#56 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:04 AM

For some reason, what's going on in the forums can affect who wins SotW. For example, if the "Graphics vs. Gameplay" debate flares up, then the more lackluster shots will have "great gameplay" and win.

#57 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Jan 13 2007, 09:54 PM) View Post

.TakaM, trolling and filter-evasion are against the rules. I know I don't need to tell you that.

filter evasion, yes, trolling, no.
I posted the reasons for my vote because people have complained when I havent explained my vote in the past, so if anyone has a problem with that- make up your god damn mind.

then a post from noel consisting of 100% troll, I give him a thumbsup, then Sir Pimpalot follows noel and continues to troll

as for being ashamed of myself. No, not that either, I only really come here to check up on the m/sotw, usually pretty disappointing and the posts are always idiotic, however Im not a regular member here so I dont share the sense of shame all members should feel

#58 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Jan 14 2007, 12:28 AM) View Post

filter evasion, yes, trolling, no.
I posted the reasons for my vote because people have complained when I havent explained my vote in the past, so if anyone has a problem with that- make up your god damn mind.

then a post from noel consisting of 100% troll, I give him a thumbsup, then Sir Pimpalot follows noel and continues to troll

as for being ashamed of myself. No, not that either, I only really come here to check up on the m/sotw, usually pretty disappointing and the posts are always idiotic, however Im not a regular member here so I dont share the sense of shame all members should feel

I fully endorse the criticism of SOTW shots, as most of them are rather samey anyway. Although i'm a bit puzzled by what you mean by your last statement...

#59 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Jan 13 2007, 09:28 PM) View Post
... I only really come here to check up on the m/sotw ...

Then don't judge a screenshot depending on it's format. Judge it by the actual screen. Just blowing off a perfectly good screenshot because it's a little distorted is a bad way to go about voting in SotW

#60 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE(Relic @ Jan 14 2007, 01:40 AM) View Post

Then don't judge a screenshot depending on it's format. Judge it by the actual screen. Just blowing off a perfectly good screenshot because it's a little distorted is a bad way to go about voting in SotW

I'm no artist, but I believe the technicals behind a shot are important as well as its aesthetics. JPGs suck, plain and simple, and I wish the format would just die already. Not that I'd refuse to vote for a shot simply because it's in JPG, but then again, my standards don't seem to be as high as .TakaM's.

Regardless, it's his decision how he wants to judge the shots, so I don't think it's right to criticize him for that :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users