Mighty No.9

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, but still. A problem like that should be squashed long before it hits (virtual) shelves. :shrug:
  • Shane likes this

#47 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

The 360 version of the game was delayed.

Mighty No. 9: The game that still gets delayed even when it's already released.

And as compensation they get a free Steam copy in addition to the incoming Xbox360 version... while I only got a PC copy :/ Why ask for a platform of choice and restrict people to that, and then go ahead and give a group of people multiple choice? That's pretty dang unfair.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 21 June 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#48 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

They should have just called this game, "Steaming No. 2".

• Neppy, thepsynergist, Moonbread and 2 others like this

#49 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:03 PM

So, I got my hands on the Steam version, and I like the gameplay.  It reminds me of the old-school Megaman games, as well it should.  While the gameplay is good, I can't stand the cringy dialogue.  Honestly, Megaman X7 had better voice acting...  Because of the generic plot/voice acting, it's hard to care about the other characters.  I'd probably rate this game at about a 6.5-7 out of 10, mostly because while I didn't like the characters much, the gameplay was still fun.

#50 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Got another link? That one isn't working anymore.

#51 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

Got another link? That one isn't working anymore.

It didn't brick the device, he did however have to turn the console off for 30 seconds (turned off at the power outlet on the wall) to completely drain it of electricity before turning it back on though in order to recover from the console freeze.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 22 June 2016 - 12:11 AM.

#52 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

http://www.vg247.com...r-than-nothing/

Just wow. Yeah, with four million dollars (i know all of it didn't went to the game production but a lot still did) at your disposal and you make at a best an average game. But hey, it's better than nothing. And he hopes the game does well so he can make sequels.

If i was a backer i would be pissed beyond belief. And pretty much all the respect i had for Inafune is just gone.

#53 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

http://www.vg247.com...r-than-nothing/

Just wow. Yeah, with four million dollars (i know all of it didn't went to the game production but a lot still did) at your disposal and you make at a best an average game. But hey, it's better than nothing. And he hopes the game does well so he can make sequels.

If i was a backer i would be pissed beyond belief. And pretty much all the respect i had for Inafune is just gone.

From the article:

"Update: It seems Inafune’s comments actually do reflect a less-than-ideal translation."

From THAT article:

"that comment was an embellishment from Inafune’s translator – other translations of Inafune’s statement are far more humble and take full ownership for Mighty No. 9’s myriad problems."

• The Satellite likes this

#54 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

To be honest, after watching a streamer play it through, it doesn't seem like a bad game. I'm not sure if I'd sink $20 into it, but I'd snag it off a sale. After the Wii U bricking issue is fixed.

• Anthus likes this

#55 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

With all the controversy that the game experienced with the multiple delays, Dina, & the Masterclass Trailer, I guess it's not a surprise that the game wound up being disappointing.

Interesting Fact: 70,595 people backed this game. How do I know this? Every one of them is listed in the game's credits, which is almost FOUR HOURS long because of it!

Proof: https://www.youtube....h?v=znfU6zXvVcQ

Geez, I think the game has set a record for longest credits in a video game ever.

Edited by KEM64, 23 June 2016 - 02:54 PM.

• Anthus and Anarchy_Balsac like this

#56 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

Honestly, without Dina, I could forgive everything else.

#57 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

Honestly, without Dina, I could forgive everything else.

I had more trouble with Cryo.  Dyna, I just use blade over and over and it was done after 1 death.  Cryo, I'm sitting on 30 deaths...

#58 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:42 PM

I had more trouble with Cryo.  Dyna, I just use blade over and over and it was done after 1 death.  Cryo, I'm sitting on 30 deaths...

Wrong Dina, I was referring to the Dina who EVENTUALLY (as in, way too late) got fired for accusing backers of being misogynists for playing video games, causing many to get their banks to refund the charges.

Edited by Anarchy_Balsac, 23 June 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#59 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:36 PM

Fuck it, I'm gonna get this on Steam. It does look fun, and I could care less about the "bad graphics". I also was really excited when I heard about this initially. It got held up in development for so long that I kind of forgot about it. I'm just buying into the click-bait, I'll play it before I hate it.

#60 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:22 PM

Honestly, I'm always a little weary whenever I see one of these so called "spiritual successor" games, because a lot of the time, they try so hard to capture the magic of the original content, but are also trying hard to be different and have an identity all its own that it kinda just falls into an area in the middle where it feels cheep and uninspired. I haven't personally played the game myself, but from what I've seen and heard, it sounds more like a lame ripoff than a spiritual successor.

• Anarchy_Balsac likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users