Enemy Touch effect -> warp

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Hello, I search a script or a method to create an enemy with an effect if it touch Link, Link is teleported to a fighting style Zelda II. And if possible, the option to save the Link location before the fight to retourn to the point.

Edited by Gégé, 15 March 2015 - 09:56 AM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#2 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

The concept is really easy to script. However depending on some factors it gets more complicated.

Is your overworld on multiple dmaps or just one? Or multiple regular maps or just one?
Are different areas supposed to warp you to different side view screens? How are these designated, are different side view screens associated with one map or dmap, or are multiple environs on one dmap?

Are the enemies the same for each individual side view screen, or does each side view screen have multiple enemy variations. How is this determined? Random or something else?

If you die on a side view random encounter where do you go?

Might have more specific questions later. But those ones are the biggest right now.

Edit: is it exactly like AoL, where the random encounter side view screen is based on the enemy that touches link, and the tile under him when he gets touched? That's actually a pretty good and less complicated way to do it.

Edited by justin, 15 March 2015 - 10:25 AM.

• SkyLizardGirl and Gégé like this

#3 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

The overworld that uses Zelda battle has 2 Dmap. I am looking for eg it Link is touch by an enemy, it is teleported to a locations : Prairie, beach, forest, desert, swamp, cemetery and dry land.

To determine the monsters in combat must be 4 different fighting for each type of combat locations. If Link dies, the better it will be back at the entrance of the fight.

If this is too complicated, I can do the overworld with 4 Dmap. Then it would be enough to put the 7 different fighting with 7 tiles. Or I put different battle each screens (ffc scripts ?).

This is to try to do as AoL :).

Edited by Gégé, 15 March 2015 - 11:15 AM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#4 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

You need to be a bit clearer how you want this to work.
Specifically, how does the script know which side view screen to send you to? Your want to have 7 different environs and 4 enemy setups for each, so a total of 28 possible screens to warp to.

Does link being on a certain tile send him to a certain sideview screen? For instance, link is on trees so he goes to forest side view? That's how AoL worked I believe. Or did you have something else in mind to determine where to warp link?

Then for the different enemy setups, does it depend on what enemy touches link, is it random, or determined some other way?
  • SkyLizardGirl and Gégé like this

#5 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

I have a preference for the point in the middle of the input screen. Otherwise if it is by the side I is not preferred. For the example tile of the tree, it will be teleported into a fight in the forest as Aol as you say. I try to have two monsters like Aol for easy and difficult fight. The amount is random, such as 2-5 and rather far Link. Monsters appear some time in a random place. After leaving the combat zone, it retourned to where he was and the watches are no longer present. And the after a while, it respawn and so on repeatedly. In the battle screen, the monsters appear side.

I have a preference for combat on 3 screens if possible otherwise it not a problem that's a lot help me.

The two monsters have to move slowly than Link. And 2 monsters always look the same. They must be invulnerable.

Edited by Gégé, 15 March 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#6 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:05 PM

Alright, I think I got it. Shouldn't take me long to script.
  • Gégé likes this

#7 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

I forgot to ask if we can have a sound transition in combat and another different in the end.

Thank you very much in advance :love:.

#8 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Like a warping sound? When exactly do you want the sounds to play?
  • Gégé likes this

#9 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Sound warp and another different to the output of the battle.

#10 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

ok here's version one.  it compiles but is untested.  the setup instructions are well documented.  it'll take me as much work to setup the screens and everything as it did to write the script, and i suspect my vision of your vision is different than your vision, so it'll end up being changed anyways.  set it up, see what you like and what you don't like (and even if it works).  and we'll go from there with fixing and polishing to your liking.

Spoiler

edit: version 1.0.1 small bugfix.  sound warp still doesn't play in this version.

Edited by justin, 30 March 2015 - 10:44 AM.

• Gégé likes this

#11 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

It's really good ! The script works :).

Problems:

Sound warp does not work (I made a mistake ?)

I am looking to have 4 fights for the 7 tiles. But :

4 forest tile      =  4 différents combos

4 tiles prairie   =  4 different combos

4 beach tiles   =  4 different combos

4 tiles desert   =  4 different combos

4 tiles swamp  =  4 different combos

4 tiles dryland  =  4 different combos

4 tiles cemetery = 4 different combos

Possibility (example) ?

Dmap 1 :

Forest, prairie, beach, desert, swamp, dryland, cemetery

Dmap 2 :

Dmap 3 :

Dmap 4 :

Dmap 1, 2, 3 ,4 : Even palette and music

4 Dmap for 4 continents

1 continent = 7 fights, 7 combos.

4 continents = 28 fights, 28 combos

1 fight = 3 screens

Sorry if bad English ^^

Edited by Gégé, 16 March 2015 - 09:17 AM.

#12 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

Right now if you're on a forest tile it will warp you to 1 of 4 different battle screens chosen randomly.

Are you asking to have 4 different overworld forest tiles, each that will send to a particular battle screen?

Do both sounds not play? Or just one of them? Or does it play but at the wrong time?

I'm not sure what you mean about continents. Does each continent send you to a different set of battle screens? How many in each set? How are the continents defined - are they on different dmaps?

You say 1 fight = 3 screens. So a random encounter happens and you warp to a side view battle screen. Do you need to kill all the enemies on that screen, or can you just walk to the side to warp out? Or do you want it to be 3 screens wide, and have to kill all the enemies on every screen before it allows you to warp out?
  • Gégé likes this

#13 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Suggestion :

Example I creat overworld with 4 Dmap and 28 combos

(4 different fights per tiles, 1 fight per combos)

Tile Forest

Combo 01 for Dmap 1

Combo 02 for Dmap 2

Combo 03 for Dmap 3

Combo 04 for Dmap 4

Tile beach

Combo 05 for Dmap 1

Combo 06 for Dmap 2

Combo 07 for Dmap 3

Combo 08 for Dmap 4

Tile cemetery

Combo 09 for Dmap 1

Combo 10 for Dmap 2

Combo 11 for Dmap 3

Combo 12 for Dmap 4

Tile prairie

Combo 13 for Dmap 1

Combo 14 for Dmap 2

Combo 15 for Dmap 3

Combo 16 for Dmap 4

Tile desert

Combo 17 for Dmap 1

Combo 18 for Dmap 2

Combo 19 for Dmap 3

Combo 20 for Dmap 4

Tile swamp

Combo 21 for Dmap 1

Combo 22 for Dmap 2

Combo 23 for Dmap 3

Combo 24 for Dmap 4

Tile dryland

Combo 25 for Dmap 1

Combo 26 for Dmap 2

Combo 27 for Dmap 3

Combo 28 for Dmap 4

So :

Combos 01 ,05 ,09, 13, 17, 21, 25 for Dmap 1

Combos 02, 06, 10, 14, 18, 22, 26 for Dmap 2

Combos 03, 07, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27 for Dmap 3

Combos 04, 08, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28 for Dmap 4

Dmap 1 : up left position continent

Dmap 2 : bottom left position continent

Dmap 3 : up right position continent

Dmap 4 : bottom right position continent

Fighting :

Screen 00 - Screen 01 - Screen 02

Screen 00 : side warp left to exit

Screen 01 : enter point to the center

Screen 02 : side warp right to exit

Total :

4 Dmaps

7 different tiles

28 combos (7 different tile x 4 Dmaps)

28 different battles

3 screens per fightings

Sound warp : There is no sound.

Currently with your script, I put the entry point on the middle screen. With 3 screens per battle. We can go out without killing any monsters. After walking side warp I did as you said I sent in a blank screen with the ffc script. That's what I want is very good !

If this is not possible it is not about problem, I can do with what you did :).

Edited by Gégé, 16 March 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#14 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

I managed to make the sound worked with your previous script, but at the end of combat. In Flag ffc, I put in ffc Flag "Run script at screen init." At the beginning of the fight, the sound does not work.

Specifically, I will try this in the script, please is it possible? :)

Spoiler

DMAP 1 overworld -> DMAP 5 fightings : int aol_re_screens[] Link->Warp( aol_re_screens[index], Choose( aol_re_screens[index+1], aol_re_screens[index+2], aol_re_screens[index+3], aol_re_screens[index+4]) );

DMAP 2 overworld -> DMAP 6 fightings : int aol_re_screens2[] Link->Warp( aol_re_screens2[index], Choose( aol_re_screens2[index+1], aol_re_screens2[index+2], aol_re_screens2[index+3], aol_re_screens2[index+4]) );

DMAP 3 overworld -> DMAP 7 fightings : int aol_re_screens3[] Link->Warp( aol_re_screens3[index], Choose( aol_re_screens3[index+1], aol_re_screens3[index+2], aol_re_screens3[index+3], aol_re_screens3[index+4]) );

DMAP 4 overworld -> DMAP 8 figthings : int aol_re_screens4[] Link->Warp( aol_re_screens4[index], Choose( aol_re_screens4[index+1], aol_re_screens4[index+2], aol_re_screens4[index+3], aol_re_screens4[index+4]) );

7 combos used to Dmap 1, 2, 3, 4 is that possible or 7 combos per DMAP so 28?
const int AOL_RE_COMBO_PRAIRIE = 21010;
const int AOL_RE_COMBO_BEACH = 21008;
const int AOL_RE_COMBO_FOREST = 21014;
const int AOL_RE_COMBO_DESERT = 21009;
const int AOL_RE_COMBO_SWAMP = 21012;
const int AOL_RE_COMBO_CEMETERY = 21013;
const int AOL_RE_COMBO_DRYLAND = 21011;

Edited by Gégé, 17 March 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#15 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Those are your exact screen and dmap setups?
I'll try and create an updated version tonight, and will work on getting the sounds playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users