well

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

That.... would probably work a lot better than the workaround I was trying to script, lol. In fact, I can't think of any ways that wouldn't work

#17 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:49 AM

tada!

One falling in well ffc! This is just basic, how basic? Very basic! You can play with it to include falling animations etc if you wish. I only tested it for jumping down from a cliff. I did not include cliff falling left, right or up. You will need to expand this to include those directions.

Place the FFC [X, Y] at the well's location.

D0: DMap to teleport Link to.

D1: Screen to teleport Link to.

const int ItemFeather = 91;

ffc script Well{
	void run(int DMap, int screen){

int ZY;

while(true){

if(UsingItem(ItemFeather)) while(Link->Z > 0) Waitframe(); //Detect if Link jumped using the feather and prevent him from falling in the well.

ZY = CenterLinkY() - Link->Z; //Find Link's true Y while he's in the air.
			if(ZY > this->Y && ZY < this->Y+this->EffectHeight && CenterLinkX() > this->X && CenterLinkX() < this->X+this->EffectWidth) Link->Warp(DMap, screen); //Detect if Link is falling over the well and transport him.

Waitframe();
		}

}
}

Edited by cavthena, 08 February 2015 - 01:52 AM.

#18 accela2me

accela2me

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

Thanks, guys! I'll test each solution posted here and add to my test file.

• Binx likes this

#19 accela2me

accela2me

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:23 PM

People, I did a new test file with 3 screens using the tips posted here:

1st screen - a modified version of cavthena's script ("this->Data = FFC_AUTOWARP;" instead of "int DMap, int screen").

2nd screen - the hole lava FFC script.

3rd screen - the solution posted by Justin.

https://dl.dropboxus...005472/well.rar

So, what option is better and what can still be done to improve?

edit: I posted the screens in the wrong order. Fixed now.

Edited by accela2me, 08 February 2015 - 07:00 PM.

#20 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

The third screen works the best, assuming you aren't planning to actively call attention to the switching combos,in game. I'm not sure why you'd bother with the well in the second screen, since you made no effort to make it blocked off from the bottom or sides, making the idea of cliff-jumping useless (seriously, this could be solved with a fence around the well, or anything that would prevent you from actually interacting with that tile). And cavthena's script seems to work okay, but the animation is far more clunky, and doesn't really look good. All in all, I think Justin's idea is probably the best, but you can't call attention to the trigger or changing well combo tiles, or it'll just completely ruin the feel. Unless, maybe if the well was covered, and the switch removed the cover, but that still wouldn't be as nice as simply making the walkable well the same color as the solid one.

EDIT: for the record, I was referring to the screens based on the number n the top right of each screen, so cavthena's is 1,the base script is 2 and justin's workaround is 3

Edited by Binx, 08 February 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#21 accela2me

accela2me

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

The correct order of the screens is fixed now. Thanks, Li... Binx (?!)

Hey, I learned how to use multiple switches and finished the well of the 3nd screen. Now I think it's finally ready.

https://dl.dropboxus...005472/well.rar

#22 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

Yeah... Lineas is a nick I haven't gone by in about 5-10 years... I only kept it as my nick here because I can't figure out how to change it on AGN, for the life of me. But, yeah, I got tired of it, so, I changed it!

Anyways, yeah, still going with screen number 3, I think it's a pretty much perfect method of accomplishing your goal, and I like that you had the forethought to add the extra switch at the bottom, so that one can't just activate it up top, then run down the ladder and just walk in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users