Photo

Screenshot of the Week 75

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: And your vote goes too... (46 member(s) have cast votes)

And your vote goes too...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:15 PM

Radien
user posted image
My, Deku Sprout, you really have grown...

LinktheMaster
user posted image

IaN
user posted image
What I do when I get bored

Lonemind
user posted image

This one will end Saturday morning like usual.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#2 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:27 PM

Oops, I guess I didn't make it in time for this weeks. Oh well...

Radien- Very cool. I love the Deku Sprout. It looks awesome. You must have made that yourself or something. Super work.

LinktheMaster- Custom walls, and stair cases. Awesome! I love the setup of this screen too. I like this screen a lot. Awesome work LTM. *votes*

IaN- Awesome screen. Where did you get those fences? This screen looks great overall. Funny.

Lonemind- Cool looking screen. Very original. I'm kind of guessing that it is a celebration in a quest of yours, or something you did because you were bored. Looking good.

Now, I need to get my butt in gear, and make a screen for next week.

#3 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:53 PM

my vote goes to Radien, again. that deku sprout rocks

#4 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 12:45 AM

Radien, 'cause of the Deku Sprout. icon_wink.gif

#5 ChaoticGood1

ChaoticGood1

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:08 AM

Hard choice this time, all the pics look great. I guess I'll vote for Radien, the Deku Sprout looks really nice, but all together the screen fits well. Once again love the fireflies.

Otherwise I would have voted for Masterlink, whose screen looks awsome, but the lavafalls just dont look right (the channel they cut through the ground doenst have enough depth) and the bats make the screen look off balanced. (Even though they arnt "part" of the screen, yet still part of the screenshot.)

#6 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:08 AM

Hey, wow. These are some awesome screens!

Radien I agree, that deku sprout's really cool! The overall symmetry of the screen is eye pleasing as well. I must say I really like Serenia too. icon_wink.gif

LinktheMaster That really brings to mind what a real dungeon is like. With the torches and those arches. Did you make those arches? I agree with ChaoticGood1about the lava, though. It'd look better if it were lower.

IaN Hahaha! Great scene! I LOVE those portraits! They're very high class. 'Specially that little boy. Ah, to have those drawing abilities. The rest of the screen is kinda bland though. All one color. I imagine that makes it a good background for the portraits though. Love that rock in the center. icon_wink.gif

Myself Just wanted to give IaN the credit for drawing those round balloons in my screenshot. You should see them. I animated all of them, they're all floating around and look really cool. Thanks IaN!

#7 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:31 AM

They're all so great, I can't choose. icon_frown.gif

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:41 AM

Yep, I did draw it myself. icon_smile.gif Just started up OoT, drew the Deku Sprout from sight, and added in whatever details seemed to work well. Hmm... does that mean it's a "still life?" icon_razz.gif

I hope people look at more than just the drawing when voting, though. The contest is about more than tilework, and I put a lot of thought into layout, as well.

LTM:

Lookin' good... I see some of BH4's Fire Temple tiles in there. I'm not sure whether your walls are edits of those tiles as well, or completely custom. I suppose there's nothing wrong with this perspective, but I dunno, whenever I see it I start to miss the old Zelda pseudo-3D style...

Ian:

Uh... is that going to be actual dialog? icon_confused2.gif Well, I dunno, but for 200 rupees I know I'd call it a spatula, too. icon_wink.gif

Is that Link with the Gold Ring? I see his eyes turn purple, eh? icon_razz.gif The boy looks great, as well, but I wonder if you're going to be able to keep up with the call for more portrait shots...

Lonemind:

Very nice tiles and background layout, and the balloons almost fit in with the background... but some of those Gameboy NPCs look out of place amongst this kind of scenery. I don't know how you do with tile edits, but you might want to alter some of these if you plan on using them in your quest. In any case, they're a little overused, so you might want to use some character tiles from the existing SD3 set...

Heh, looks like we're going head to head again Lonemind... well, in any case, I'm not sure I'll have anything worth entering next week. I guess I work in spurts sometimes.

Let's see if anyone else starts to contend for this week...

#9 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:46 AM

Lonemind! That screen rocks!

The Minish Cap screen looks very good too. The dungeon screen looks ok. That Deku screen looks ok too. Is everyone voting that just because of one Deku Sprout?

Edited by Johan, 03 January 2005 - 05:47 AM.

#10 plith

plith

I've been thinking.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:44 AM

No. I voted for Radien because of the reddish-orange tree in the bottom-left section of the screen.

#11 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:54 AM

Radien: That's a cool lookin' deku sprout. I also love that Bow & Arrow

LinkTheMaster: I voted for this one, as I feel that lava is a huge turn-on, and makes the screen look really cool. Well, not cool, actually...hot. icon_heh.gif

IaN: Um...ok. Looks cool, but I have no idea where the spatula comes into play here.

Lonemind: PAAAAAAARTY!!! Er...if you ask me, the balloons and people just don't seem to fit with the scenary around it.

I like em' all, though. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:22 AM

It's a hard pick, I'm not sure I picked right, but that's voting for you.

Raiden: Love the Deku Sprout. I must say, that must've taken some time. Nice work!

LTM: Too parallel, but I like your custom Link. It's refreshing.

IaN: That's hand-drawn, right? The NPC you see in Face portrait, right? That, takes skill. You got my vote.

Lonemind: Great pic overall, but then I remembered that that background was already made and submitted here as Seiken Densetsu tileset. So, you lost points in originality. However, I can't say I've seen balloons in ZC before, or a party.

#13 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:28 AM

I vote for LTM. Is an great dungeon! icon_thumbsup.gif Radien is also very good.

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(plith @ Jan 3 2005, 03:44 AM)
No. I voted for Radien because of the reddish-orange tree in the bottom-left section of the screen.

Ah, plith recognizes the true focal point of my screenshot. Yes... the gold color of the tree clearly implies that a ninja is hiding behind it, leading the scene to an assassination attempt on the Deku Sprout.

#15 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:12 AM

Just for the record, I got bored on Saturday and made that screen out of randomness. I figured I'd send something in for kicks, and I wanted to show off my portraits.

(Though, I won't actually be using portraits in my quest.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users