• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Mar 28 2005, 08:25 PM)
Perhaps it's a combination of MS Paint and AOL which caused the inconsistency. icon_shrug.gif

wait, MSC uses PAINT to save files as .gifs? well, the problem here is obvious; MS Paint dosen't like saving gifs with their current colors

#17 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:33 PM

I love this program. It has the best conversion abilities I've ever seen. I've mass-converted entire folders at a time with it, very, very easily. If I was stuck on a deserted island with only one image-editing software, it would be IRFanview. Of course, it doesn't actually edit the images themselves, as you can't draw on them or anything, but it can do everything else like view them, convert them, apply filters, resize them, ... Oh, it may sound like a pointless program, but rest assured, if it was, I simply wouldn't be using it, particularly after being exposed to the biggies like Photoshop, ... ... er ... and the others. icon_heh.gif

#18 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:42 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that all the sound problems Prince had with Zelda Classic are related to the AOL garbage files on his computer.
I've seen disclaimers in software pages that specifically said that if the computer that the software was placed on had AOL that they would not accept any responsibility for what happens or offer any tech. advice or service.

At one time I had compucrap (compuserve) which is owned by and very similar to AOL and it gave me nothing but trouble and crashed almost daily, not to mention all the blue screens of death and stack dumps.

#19 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Gashin @ Mar 29 2005, 10:23 AM)
wait, MSC uses PAINT to save files as .gifs? well, the problem here is obvious; MS Paint dosen't like saving gifs with their current colors

Actually, I was suggesting that maybe it came from entrants saving their screenshots in MSPaint, and then Prince opening them in AOL.

It's a valid possibility... after all, many people don't have/don't know how to use anything other than MSPaint, and since ZQuest saves snapshots in BMP format, they have to convert it before sending, if they want to submit it in a format other than bitmap.

On a side note, it's amazing that AOL was ever labelled as "user friendly." The only two things that are easier in AOL are 1. connecting and opening your browser, and 2. paying your bill (since giving them your money is what AOL wants to be the easiest step). icon_razz.gif

#20 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Mar 29 2005, 12:42 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that all the sound problems Prince had with Zelda Classic are related to the AOL garbage files on his computer.
I've seen disclaimers in software pages that specifically said that if the computer that the software was placed on had AOL that they would not accept any responsibility for what happens or offer any tech. advice or service.

At one time I had compucrap (compuserve) which is owned by and very similar to AOL and it gave me nothing but trouble and crashed almost daily, not to mention all the blue screens of death and stack dumps.

Interesting. I will definitely have to try out your theory.

On the other hand, why are you guys assuming I use MS paint? I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0. Which in my opinion there is nothing better. icon_razz.gif

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#21 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:52 PM

For those who use aol, The image compression feature can be tuned off (when I first used my green eyes avatar aol scrude it up, I had to turn the image completion off and cleat my temporary Internet files to get it to look right), I suggest you turn it of as it scrus up allot of pictures. Though its been a long time since I used aol and I forgot how.

#22 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC @ Mar 29 2005, 02:37 PM)
On the other hand, why are you guys assuming I use MS paint? I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0. Which in my opinion there is nothing better. icon_razz.gif

People originally assumed that because no one imagined it might be a browser problem. I know it was news to me.

I hope it didn't sound like I was suggesting you use MSPaint, because I intended to suggest that perhaps some of the entrants were. Sorry for any confusion that might have arisen there...

#23 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

I think if you send them in as a .bmp, he must convert them to .gifs, and this causes some color loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users