Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

I'll try...say around 11? =^_^=;
No promises, though. icon_unsettled.gif

#2237 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

I played a couple with anyone matches with Bowser and I'm starting like him.

#2238 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

Mr. Slow-poke? Ugh...can't stand him! Then again, I can't stand the speedy guys either. Have you tried Zelda? She's very cheap. I never really used her before and I'm beating 2 CPU lvl 9 without problems. icon_unsettled.gif

#2239 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

Yeah. Yesterday I beat a couple of people with Sheik and Sonic! If you use Pit and someone throws a HotHead at you block it with your Mirror Shield. If your facing the Star Fox characters and they block it, block it back with your Mirror Shield and watch the HotHead deal big damage and it can break through their reflectors which launches them into the sky!

Edited by Blackdrake1, 18 May 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#2240 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Ewww....Bowser. icon_razz.gif I usually play as Link, or snake. Snake 50% of the time, Link 30% and Other 20%. I hate heavy characters. And as awesome as Ike is, he's can be too slow sometimes, and it drives me crazy...As SwordOfSeals said, fast characters can be a pain too. I sometimes find Sonic annoying to play as due to his speed and cheap Homing Attack. Bowser just moves too slow, even if he has a few different moves, and Charizard moves at the same speed.

Fast Characters: icon_thumbsdown.gif
Slow Characters: icon_thumbsdown.gif
Medium Speed Characters: icon_thumbsup.gif

#2241 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

I have decided that I need to get used to every character in the game and then choose the one that I like the most.

#2242 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

Good luck with that. icon_confused.gif That'll be a bit hard, but not to difficult. But I do think that's a little odd. I mean, sure, it's a good idea, but I think you should stick with the ones you like rather then forcing yourself to like others. I've at least played every character once. I haven't got all their controls down, and found ways to totally kick butt with them, but I've played as them at least.

Getting used to everybody just seems a little over the top to me, though. Just play as the ones you already know you enjoy, instead of practicing a bunch to get wicked good with a character you don't even like. icon_shrug.gif Well, that's just my opinion.

#2243 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

^Agreed.

QUOTE(Rem @ May 18 2009, 06:52 PM) View Post
And as awesome as Ike is, he's can be too slow sometimes, and it drives me crazy...As SwordOfSeals said, fast characters can be a pain too. I sometimes find Sonic annoying to play as due to his speed and cheap Homing Attack. Bowser just moves too slow, even if he has a few different moves, and Charizard moves at the same speed.

Actually, Ike isn't that slow if you know how to use him. For one, his n-air autocancels when he hits the ground.

Homing Attack? Cheap? Just block or dodge it. Sonic's real problem is his lack of priority and how badly his killing moves are telegraphed.

Edited by Zenith, 19 May 2009 - 04:33 PM.

#2244 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

I haven't had a problem with sonic in months. He's far too easy to dodge IMHO. You can either roll, or just walk one or two feet away, and face his landing area, and begin attacking.

Ike to me, feels like one big mind game. Yes, he is slow to a degree, but as Zenith said so well, not if you know what you're doing with his various moves. I prefer surprise standing B-air attacks, and using Aether from the ledge to clear a space. I'm working on a Forward+B from the ledge.

#2245 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

His super armor can be deadly if you know how to use it. Want a demonstration? Go to Training and drop as many Smart Bombs as you can and use his aether to denote them at his feet. Amazing, isn't it?

The worst, and best, part of Ike is his Counter. It's too slow for me to use effectively (nowhere near as good as Marth's), but it's strong. If you can pull it of, watch out!

Umm....I like Charizard, but I'm starting to find her (him? it) to be too slow sometimes. The fact that stamina wears out faster than I'd like sucks. icon_unsettled.gif

#2246 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:07 AM

I main Random. icon_razz.gif It's what real men do.

(I DO prefer Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff and Mario. But I always pick random.)

Edited by Moldorm, 20 May 2009 - 11:07 AM.

#2247 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

I like Marth and Ike even though I'm getting a little better with Sonic and Sheik.

#2248 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Fast characters suck. They're too..fast icon_deformed.gif .

But seriously, they're just too fast to be effective. They usually have a bunch of weak attacks, and one slightly strong smash attack...

#2249 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:45 AM

That just means you're not playing them properly good sir.

I love my Fox. He's the best character I have against an Ike or a Donkey Kong and Bowser. Mostly Ike though.

#2250 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

I guess...I'm better with heavyweights and mediumweights.

In other news, I never knew this was possible..
O_o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users