• Please log in to reply
774 replies to this topic

#46 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Jan 10 2013, 07:12 PM) View Post
I decided to burn $21 and get the complete series of Soul Eater on Blu-ray. It was so good for me that I had to own the series even though I can stream it.
Back the truck up, where the hell did you fnd the complete series on blu-ray for $21?

#47 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

It's all Amazon's Fault!

Best Steal Ever! I was surprised myself!

Edited by Dawnlight, 10 January 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#48 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Finished watching Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike. Overall, it's an okay prequel to Vesperia. Yuri was so badassed in this movie. And you get to know more about Repede and "his master".

#49 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Got the Collection 2 of Persona 4: The Animation today and watched episodes 13-15 straight. Holy cow, those episodes were epic. Nanako fans will love episode 13.

#50 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Finished episode 15 of Stein;s Gate. (I'm slow, I know. >_>)

So...

Spoiler

I'm definitely curious as to where things are going to head now. And to see this scene in context...Ha. XD

#51 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Do you recommend Stein's Gate? I need another anime to watch after I'm done with Soul Eater. It's not on Netflix so is it worth getting this on Blu-ray?

Edited by Dawnlight, 17 January 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#52 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I would recommend it. I've yet to finish it, but based on what I've seen and what others have told me, I'd say it's worth the while. (But I'd still talk to someone who has actually seen the entire thing.)

#53 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(SpacemanDan @ Jan 17 2013, 11:53 AM) View Post

Finished episode 15 of Stein;s Gate. (I'm slow, I know. >_>)

So...

Spoiler

I'm definitely curious as to where things are going to head now. And to see this scene in context...Ha. XD

Just because of that scene, I think I might start watching this. That was hilarious xD

I have a shit ton of catching up on One Piece. I had no idea it had gotten that far. Let's see, last episode I watched was episode 20 or so, only about 560 more episodes to go! icon_biggrin.gif

#54 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Steins;Gate is really good. Honestly one of the better series I've watched in the last couple of years because it actually makes you think a bit. They don't shove everything in front of you immediately, it can be pretty funny at times, and it can be really serious at others. It does start off a bit slow, but it's really worth it.

#55 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Jan 17 2013, 11:43 AM) View Post

Steins;Gate is really good. Honestly one of the better series I've watched in the last couple of years because it actually makes you think a bit. They don't shove everything in front of you immediately, it can be pretty funny at times, and it can be really serious at others. It does start off a bit slow, but it's really worth it.

Alrighty then. Once the Blu-ray is cheap, I might consider getting it. Other people were recommending it to me as well.

Anyway, I just finished watching all 26 episodes Persona 4: The Animation and I must say, this is probably the best anime I've seen that's based off a video game. Everything was executed perfectly. They did an extremely excellent job with Yu Narukami as the protagonist. It was everything that best describes him in the game this time he is fully voiced. JYB fans will be in for a treat. If you love Persona 4, then what's wrong with you? Watch this anime now!

#56 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I've been meaning to get through the rest of .Hack Sign, Its a pretty good show so far.

I might continue watching in a few days or something.
I know one thing through I'm going to re watch Deadman Wonderland. I love this show. :3

#57 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

I've been re-watching Madoka.

Spoiler

#58 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Finished Stein;s Gate.

My god. That was awesome. I don't want to go into it too much, but suffice it to say, I loved it. icon_biggrin.gif

#59 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

So, after what seems like an eternity, I'm nearly done with the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series. (post Season Zero) I don't know about you guys, but I really don't like Millennium World all that much. I mean, the Duelist Kingdom arc was a bit problematic regarding the game rules, but that was because the rules for the real-life version of the game hadn't been fully ironed out yet and the writer was making things up as he went along. (Yeah, I used to collect the cards when I was a kid.)

Battle City was pretty good. The rules were made to be more or less the same as the real-life version, so you could follow what was going on for the most part fairly easily. Also, I loved the episode where Yami (Dark Yugi/the Pharaoh) went on a "date" with Tea and they bought a booster pack for his deck. You got to actually see him buy new cards, and it made a few of the later deus-ex-machina moments a bit more believable because you saw when he got the cards he used.

Millennium World was like a major step backwards. The rules were all changed entirely, but they don't bother to fill you in much until nearly halfway through the story. I mean, Dark Bakura is losing so he decides to rewind time and re-do the battle so that he wins. Well, okay then. How is he doing this? Where were we informed that he has this ability? Why did he not do this at any other point in the story? We find out the rules for this new story arc a few episodes down the road, but until then, everything seems to come out of nowhere and you lose interest because it's too annoying to try and figure things out. I honestly spent the last few episodes just listening to it on headphones while level grinding in a DS game.

I will admit, once the rules were properly explained and you got filled in on what's going on properly, then it got a little bit more interesting. I noticed the odd little triangle-shaped lights on their summoning wristbands shortly before the explanation that everyone's summons were being "cast from hit points" and that those triangles were the remnants of their "HP meters". That was a nice touch, I admit, but it would have been nice to know from the beginning. Yami's defensive "GM" ability that he pulls out when everybody was frozen felt too much like another out-of-nowhere setup. They explained Bakura's gimmicks and abilities, but "conveniently" never mentioned any of Yami's single-use abilities, so you don't know if he's going to have another one for use later or if he's ran dry already. Being able to know what resources are available for both sides as the story runs its course would be a lot nicer than new things coming out of nowhere.

So, from anybody either watching this now or remembers this from when they were younger, what did you think of the Millennium World arc? I've heard that it's one of the best parts of the story, but I'm not getting it.

#60 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(kurt91 @ Feb 7 2013, 12:25 AM) View Post

So, from anybody either watching this now or remembers this from when they were younger, what did you think of the Millennium World arc? I've heard that it's one of the best parts of the story, but I'm not getting it.

I watched the show way back when I was eight... but I don't remember what the arcs were called, so remind me. There was the part with Pegasus's tournament, then the other tournament with the locator cards, then they got sucked into a computer world, right? Or am I crazy? And then it moved into the big finale. I think... if I'm remembering it right, the part about Pegasus's tournament was honestly my favorite part, and it kinda gradually went downhill from there (got more interesting, yes, but felt worse overall) until the finale, was was actually pretty awesome.

Why am I trying to judge a show I barely even remember? icon_confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users