Photo

If only one was possible

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: WHY IS THIS TYPING AREA HERE!?!?!?

Which 3D Zelda is the most likely to have a ZC sucess.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

If someone of High Zelda Classic skill wanted to convert a 3D Zelda game into 2D with Zquest, which on would they have the most sucess with.

Here are the rules:
  • They are allowed to use scripting.
  • They are very good, but not the best. Maybe a Shoelace-Peteo Hybrid.
  • They would have equal skill in all areas, from screen design to tile-making.
  • They would be making their own tileset.
  • You must give resoning as to why your choice would be easiest.

#2 Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

I think Twilight Princess would be the easiest to do in ZC.

*Ocarina of Time: Time traveling would be difficult.

*Majora's Mask: Game Time, Transforming, and time-traveling would be difficult

*Wind Waker: Sailing and wind-controlling would be difficult.

*Phantom Hourglass: ??? I never played it, but I heard there's a clock system in it.(?) Also sailing.

And I can't really think of anything in Twilight Princess that would be difficult to pull off in ZC.

Edited by Joe Dirt, 05 October 2007 - 02:17 PM.

#3 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:21 PM

Twilight princess would be toughest cause its graphics are too high for any person to do on there own

Edited by HeavyTitanium, 05 October 2007 - 02:21 PM.

#4 Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

The graphics don't mean anything. You could make it gameboy style, using Oracles graphics.

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:56 PM

I don't think any of them would work. icon_neutral.gif I just can't even conceive any of them simplified even remotely to what would be necessary.

#6 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

First of all, I think OoT and MM have been attempted and failed to death, so those I say no to. Now that leaves WW, TP, and PH. WW would be difficult, and boring with all the oceans... And all the bosses would be hard to recreate... Not to mention the fact that for the Earth and Wind Temples, we'd need active Link Tile modifiers to control Makar and Medli. So WW is a no-no. TP I guess could be possible, if not for the fact that once again, active Link Tile mods are needed. Then, there's PH. I don't think you'd need active Link Tile mods there, but alot of things need the use of the touch screen. I guess overall, PH is the best choice though. icon_confused.gif

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:37 PM

I'd say Wind Waker. Think about it. All the others would be way too complex for ZC to handle, and would require VAST amounts of scripting. In WW, less scripting would be required.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:37 PM

So far all remakes have fallen, just you know. Once I wanted to make a LttP remake, but people talkedme out of it... This is the beginning of the background story of my current project.

But if I really need to choose, I'd say MM. It wasn't a big deal, just insert a time system with scripting, use "take item away" room when travelling back in time and you are there.

I never played PH, but what you do with the touching screen can't be done in ZC.

#9 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

Actualy phantom hourglass would be possible(Theres DS emulators you know people could easily extract code from them)

#10 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:29 PM

OoT would be possible, but still... like all other remakes and incarnations, it wouldn't live up to its origin. However, with the scripting engine, you can get closer to the actual game then previously done. I'd say try it, script master icon_biggrin.gif

#11 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

I nulled. I can't see any good remake actually completed for any of them. There have been many ambitious projects to make remakes of real Zelda games, but they've all failed.

#12 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:58 PM

Phantom Hourglass. Why? Because it's top-down already. Therefore it's easy to convert to 3D, since it's essentially 3D applied with 2D aspects.

#13 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:20 PM

Isle of the Winds is the closest you're gonna get to a Wind Waker 'remake', har har. icon_razz.gif

#14 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

Of those games, only OoT would be possible, and even that game could not be remade perfectly into 2D.

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:21 PM

OoT. As with any remake, you're going to have variation... all OoT would need is a tile mod when you go to the future. You don't have to let the player go back in time at all, and it would be quite easy to edit the time-heavy Shadow and Spirit porions of the game.

While graphics are a minor consideration, it's quite easy to recreate the "feel" of OoT dungeons. The fire temple is bricks and faces... BS, anyone? In fact, most dungeons would work with LttP dungeon sets REALLY well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users