• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Sep 18 2007, 11:33 AM) View Post
That is a nice page, but ofcourse, Ididn't understand ****! It looked like a nice page for germans though... But may I ask, why does german and italians ALWAYS have to get things in their own languidge?

Germany has one of the best English programs I have seen, if the Germans I've met are any example. Norwegians may speak English all the time, but Germany has a very good English program, for a country where English is not spoken frequently in public. Additionally, most of the Germans I've known have been very friendly and willing to speak English. (Also very tall. But that's beside the point.) I would like to reward that courtesy by respecting their language, too.

I wish I could remember some of the German I learned in high school. icon_frown.gif The only German I remember is song lyrics:

"Mein hat, ehr hat drei ecken. Drei ecken, hat mein hat..."
(My hat, it has three corners. Three corners, has my hat...)

"Ich bin auslander und spreche nicht good Deutsch."
(I am a foreigner and my German stinks.)

"Komm gibt mir Deine Hand"
(by The Beatles.)

...Um, yeah. I think I'd better get my sister instead, if I need any German translated. German's really similar to English, though, so even I can sometimes guess at the meaning.

#17 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:58 AM

Oh... I respect Germans, by all means. BUT they do dub unnecesary movies. Many germans can speak english very well, I know that, but I'm kinda scared for those who DOESEN'T learn... those who never watch english movies... only dubbed. I've NEVER been to an english class (not even at school)... I learned EVERYTHING from games. And if all games where dubbed in norwegian, I wouldn't be able to speak with you. Ofcourse, this won't be such a problem, cause almost everyone uses the net now. and they HAVE to know how to read english most places on the net. Right? German is also similar to norwegian too!

#18 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Sep 27 2007, 01:58 PM) View Post

cause almost everyone uses the net now. and they HAVE to know how to read english most places on the net. Right? German is also similar to norwegian too!

No you don't HAVE to know read speak understand English to be on the net . My mom is 74 she doesn't understand, speak or read English ,she is on the net , she has a Dutch version of windows on her Laptop and she just visit Dutch sites icon_wink.gif

Edited by elise, 27 September 2007 - 07:16 AM.

#19 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(elise @ Sep 27 2007, 06:15 AM) View Post

No you don't HAVE to know read speak understand English to be on the net . My mom is 74 she doesn't understand, speak or read English ,she is on the net , she has a Dutch version of windows on her Laptop and she just visit Dutch sites icon_wink.gif

Sorry, girl with a nice name, but I didn't say ''speak'' did I? icon_razz.gif
Either way, I said MOST of the net is in english. My mom isn't at english pages herself, but then again, she doesen't use the web to much other than reading news and sending emails...

#20 mudvayne

mudvayne

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:27 AM

@ migokalle: when you want to upload a quest, on zelda-classi.de, than u must be loged in! icon_smile.gif
@ raidien: when is you quest finnish? icon_smile.gif i need more ideas for my quest icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users