Photo

URGENT: AGN Beta bug report threads require your attention!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

Well...the newest Mac one is messed up. It crashes when you open Tiles page.

#17 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(Majora @ Aug 21 2007, 05:27 PM) View Post

Wasn't Link1 perma-banned for allegedly hacking AGN? (I remember a thread a while back where he explained it was someone else, I'm not naming names.)

No, that was Glenn - everyone at AGN knows that...

http://www.armageddo...ouncementid=424

Seanbox344/Sean/Deviance was banned for attempting to hack AGN once, too.

Back on topic - isn't there a danger that all the old bug report 'gravedigging' will cause the newly-reported bugs to be forgotten about?

#18 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(Link1 @ Aug 23 2007, 10:01 AM) View Post

Back on topic - isn't there a danger that all the old bug report 'gravedigging' will cause the newly-reported bugs to be forgotten about?

All the bugs have to be fixed in order to have a bug free stable release.
I'm trying very hard to only leave what bugs are still in the program in the bug forum, that's why it is so important that people check back in over there and confirm any bugs they have reported as either still being a bug or being fixed.
Knowing that will help the developers.

#19 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

Here's an update guys and gals
The open beta bug report threads are now down to 16 pages.

Just a reminder,

Open Beta Bugs (7 Viewing)
New bugs go here. They stay here until they are fixed, labeled "Not A Bug" or remain unverified for a month.

Take note of the "remain unverified for a month"
Many of these reports have been in there a year!
I'm trying to go through these and bump up what still may be a bug, but to be honest, half the time I don't know what the heck the person is even talking about, so I can't confirm it if I'm not sure what they mean.
YOU need to check and reconfirm YOUR bug still exists IF you don't want it to slip through and be released in the coming "stable release".

If I can't figure out if one of these bugs is still a bug, and I bump it up, and it gets ignored, then the only thing I can do is move it to "bugs from old betas" and hope we don't end up with a buggy stable release.
It's up to you. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Freedom, 24 August 2007 - 11:49 AM.

#20 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

UPDATE

The open beta bug forum is down to 12 pages from 22 now.
We could still use your help, IF you reported a bug, and it's setting in there, please confirm if "it's still a bug" or "fixed", otherwise someone else has to check to see if your bug is still a bug and that might end in it slipping through the cracks and ending up still being in the stable release.

Edited by Freedom, 26 August 2007 - 09:48 PM.

#21 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

Does this mean that a stable 2.5 is almost upon us, or is this just getting it down to an acceptable level?

I'll do everything in my power to help, but I simply don't fool around (I mainly quest build) in the newer betas enough to be of real assistance.

#22 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

The real problem seems to be , right now anyway, that people report bugs and then refuse to follow up on them, so the devs are left holding the bag.
They aren't sure what's broke, they ask the person, and get zilch for a response, so the bug reports sets there, unable to be fixed.

I've bumped up some peoples reports, I've seen them come in there and look at them and turn right around and leave, one such person holds a high position here.
IF they don't care enough about helping the devs fix the bugs they report by just answering a few questions, then it's not likely that a stable release will ever come.

#23 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:52 AM

About 50% of the threads in there aren't even bug threads. They're just 'I need help' threads basically.

#24 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Aug 28 2007, 08:06 AM) View Post

The real problem seems to be , right now anyway, that people report bugs and then refuse to follow up on them, so the devs are left holding the bag.
They aren't sure what's broke, they ask the person, and get zilch for a response, so the bug reports sets there, unable to be fixed.

And that is so damn annoying, especially for the devs. icon_frown.gif

I'm building my test quest and playing it with the newest builds to find bugs. But because of LI I had to take a break from ZC testing and now that I am finally back in business I have no clue what all these new items, enemies and features are supposed to do and are they all supposed to be working already. I guess instead of complaining I should go and make a topic about it to AGN, I really wanna help getting this stable 2.5 out some day. But before there is even talk about a 2.5 release, I assume the devs will try to get the Beta 18 out first, or that's what I hope at least.

#25 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:55 PM

One month (almost) on - what's the bug status now, Freedom?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users