• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

I think im ganna hold a contest.
It's about making your own zelda classic game, one dungeon, limit size = half an overwrold ONLY.
with TWO COLORS
you can use any other colors
I dont really mind what style you use, just as long the game is just only TWO COLORS, and HALF the overworld (Send me a qst file first UNPASSWORDED to let me confirm)
Screenies aren't nessacary.

making this outta boredom.
Just at least 3 contestants will do.
a two colored dungeon.
(YES, SPRITES HAS TO BE TWO COLORED TOO, so make a two colored link or whatever)

#2 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

I dont rely get this.. lol, and cool maplstory banner!

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

Ever seen the dungeons of Ultima 1? DarkDragon would have a field day with this contest. icon_snide.gif

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

Honestly, I hate contests like this. Why prove your better than someone by using limitations? Why not just prove you can do just as good by being different from someone else?

#5 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

Unfortunately, DragonAtma is already working on a FULL LENGTH quest in only two colors. It actually looks kind of like a ZC quest on an old Macintosh.

#6 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:45 PM

Sounds interesting, do black and white count as colors?

#7 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:52 PM

Sorry, I must decline. Creating a quest with 2 colors is impossible. If I made a contest, I would have made better rules.

#8 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

The Quset of the Month contest never got anywhere, so making more limitations and rules probably won't help that.

#9 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:19 AM

Why are you guys trying to shove the contest into the ground? Some people(like me) are actually interested in this with the rules as it is, if you don't want to participate in the contest, then why post about it being a "bad" contest? Sorry, but most of the replies here have been about not doing the contest rather than doing, and I don't think that's what Ninelives was looking for. If you're not interested, don't be deconstructive about it, just not replying will show that you don't want to participate.

Edited by Nuvo, 13 August 2007 - 01:07 AM.

#10 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Aug 12 2007, 09:34 PM) View Post

Honestly, I hate contests like this. Why prove your better than someone by using limitations? Why not just prove you can do just as good by being different from someone else?

It's not about proving who's better, it's about having fun.

Three-legged races are fun despite the limitation of having your leg strapped to someone else's. icon_sweat.gif

Count me in, sounds like fun!

Just to clarify though, do we make an 8x8 dungeon/overworld, or an 8x8 overworld with one dungeon?

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

I think Mr. Pimpy's quest in development is only two colors.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

I'm pretty sure he's using many shades of grey. ._. It is called The Grey Lion (but in Italian) I think...

#13 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(Nuvo @ Aug 13 2007, 01:19 AM) View Post

Why are you guys trying to shove the contest into the ground? Some people(like me) are actually interested in this with the rules as it is, if you don't want to participate in the contest, then why post about it being a "bad" contest? Sorry, but most of the replies here have been about not doing the contest rather than doing, and I don't think that's what Ninelives was looking for. If you're not interested, don't be deconstructive about it, just not replying will show that you don't want to participate.

I wasn't trying to shove it into the ground. Sorry for any misunderstanding. In fact, if you get enough people to start this up, I might want to help a little, too.

#14 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

Hmm...Here would be the chance to do my ZZT quest, but in monochrome.

#15 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

You can do ANYTHING as long it's two colored, ripping, etc.
You just have to make a half overworld, so you don't take TOO long time make it >.>
Cause, I really don't want quests that show off a ton of features in one dungeon in two colors.

EDIT:
Yea, like someone said, this is just for fun, don't just start getting all worked up or something trying to bring this down and not letting some people
have chances to have their own fun. Stop trying to act cool icon_razz.gif (if you are,)

Edited by NineLives, 13 August 2007 - 03:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users