8-Bit Enemies Palette Swap

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:32 AM

From what I can tell, if I give an enemy a colour on CSet 6, it should change to match Link, when he has a Ring, as that would swap in a ESP (6, 7, and so forth) to CSet 6 while he has that ring. This doesn't seem to be working for me, so I'm wondering two things:

Will this work at all, for 8-bit tile enemies?

If so, precisely what colour swatches can I use?

I'm converting enemies to 8-bit before doing this, so perhaps I shouldn't do that at all, and I should just set the enemy editor CSet to 6, but I would prefer to do this directly using the enemy tiles.

I may also need to check my sprite palettes, as they may be the culprit of it not seeming to change, but I doubt it.

I can do this with normal, 4-bit enemies, but for some reason, 8-bit enemies are less friendly. I might have been using the wrong palette, or cset when I did it though, and 4-bit will suffice for the present, but I need to figure out where I went astray.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 12 December 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:40 PM

...Yeah, 8bit mode kinda does it's own thing. You likely need copytile or something like that for something like this.

#3 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:15 PM

...Yeah, 8bit mode kinda does it's own thing. You likely need copytile or something like that for something like this.

.. how would copytile be useful for what he's trying to do?

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

Copytile let's you either temporarily or permanently replace one tile with another. You can have copies of the same enemy tiles with different colors to do that thing.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

I could copy a tile of the desired colour, onto the enemy, but at that point, I may as well spawn different enemies based on his tunic. :P

I'll just use 4-bit for now, and tinker with this aspect in the future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 8-Bit, Enemies, Palette Swap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users