Photo

URGENT: AGN Beta bug report threads require your attention!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:31 AM

I've been trying to go over the bug reports at AGN to try and get the reports all up to date so the Devs know what needs to still be fixed.

I Need your help. icon_wink.gif

There are many bug threads that are setting there unconfirmed.
Many of these bugs might or might not be fixed.
IF you reported a bug, can you test it in the latest (528 as of today) to see if it still happens?
I found some last night that had been fixed a year ago, still setting in the active bug thread.

I'm finding that many of these bugs don't happen for me, and it might be due to my op system being different, or the conditions in my quest being different, like quest rules or screen flags or something, or maybe I'm just not looking at it the same way as the person that reported the bug.

The Developers can't fix it, if they don't know it's broke, and if it's been fixed, they shouldn't be wasting their time trying to track it down a second time because they don't know if it's been fixed or not, or if it might have returned

A stable release can only come if we all band together towards that common goal.
Please help. icon_wink.gif

#2 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

I would if I could... icon_wink.gif

#3 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Is there anything I can do to help you "could"?
Just say the word.

Edited by Freedom, 21 August 2007 - 10:34 AM.

#4 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:27 AM

Wasn't Link1 perma-banned for allegedly hacking AGN? (I remember a thread a while back where he explained it was someone else, I'm not naming names.)

Now then, I suppose I can start confirming bugs. Sure, I'll do at least 5 a day.

#5 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

I don't know about all that banning/hacking stuff.
I'm just trying to get the 22 pages of bugs all sorted out for the Developers to give them a little breathing room and make things easier for them.
A lot of those bugs reported by others I don't know what to do with. icon_wink.gif

#6 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

I have finally downloaded the latest ZC build and I have the will to help, but I still have to get some things in order in real life before I can fully concentrate on ZC again. But soon I will help with ZC testing as I promised. Everyone who downloads the latest build and repoerts or confirms even a one bug gets tons of respect from me. There's just too little testing going on at the moment. icon_unsettled.gif

#7 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

I'll try to test. I just saw the cool new classic set-up. Looks good.

#8 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

I'll fire up ZC again and give it a gander. I know you asked me for something else too, but I want to explore others as well. You know, do my part. icon_wink.gif

#9 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:29 PM

I didn't realize the daunting task that lay before the developers until I started going back through the 22 (now 21) pages of bugs in the active bug forum.
Many of the bugs people have reported they just make a post half explaining the problem and say "fix it", and then when DarkDragon looks at it and asks a question, or for a quest file, they never respond to him.
Man my hat is off to him for the job he's been doing with the lack of support he's been receiving, I don't know how he keeps from climbing the walls.

I think anyone who has reported a bug needs to go over there and find that post and report back if that bug has been fixed or not in 528 or give him whatever info he needs to fix it.
He's up against it over there.

#10 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

I have found that the room state carry overs work.

However, I have found a new bug that I will address later on AGN.

I agree with you Freedom. Doing all of that is very hard work when there's not support. I shall do the best I can.

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

Pinned, and title edited (Added to, actually.) for urgency.

Remember, this includes several things:
  • Finding the bugs.
  • Actively Reporting the bugs.
  • Reporting the bugs (ONE BUG PER THREAD!!!)so they can be tracked down and eliminated, rather than simply be there.
  • Using the correct bug thread icons. The Bug/Star for new ones, though ALWAYS use this for new bugs, and no other icon.
  • Checking each and every one of your bug threads at least once every two days. People could have replied to them prompting you for crucial information.
  • Update your Thread Icons as necessary. To do so, click the Edit button in the lower right corner of your post, and then click the Advanced button (Non-forum-graphic) where the Edit button used to be. Then click on the new appropriate thread icon.
    • Change it to a Bug/CheckMark if it's been verified and requires a fix or action.
    • Change it to a Bug/Thermometer if it's been reported as fixed in the thread or in the Change Log.
    • Change it to a Bug/Gravestone if you have verified that the bug no longer occurs.
And of course, thank you, Freedom and DarkDragon. Words are simply not enough to express the importance of this thread.

#12 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

I want to help out bad, however my computer is dead so my new computer isn't coming until the 13th. But I will be in full testing mode. icon_smile.gif

#13 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

Thanks ShadowTiger, that new title really stands out.

Here's what DarkDragon told me;
The bugs in the active bug threads that have a blue question mark beside them are bugs that were reported and he responded to, but now have not been followed up on, so he is stuck on them.

In these posts he has ask a question or requested a quest file to see, and until he gets that he can not fix those bugs.

SO....
If they can't be fixed, one of two things will happen, a release will come with those bugs still in there, or a release won't come.
So you can see the importance of letting him know how those bugs stand today in the latest beta version.

#14 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:50 AM

How would I go about searching for bugs? I've never done this before and I would like to help in some small way.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:36 AM

I stopped following the newest alphas and bugs long ago, so I didn't even know that things went out control so much... I feel like developing my 2.10 quest, but if it continues this way, I need to download the latest alpha start making test quests... I'm good in making them. (I needed to learn making effective, easy to use test quest to learn how things work in 2.10 and so to make a great quest.)

Evan, you simply make a quest that has nothing else in it than the feature that has the suspected bug. You can make extra screens whiches have different versions of that feature. It's also good to change the quest rules after the first testing, since they can affect the bugs. For example, long ago somebody reported a shield bug. I made a test quest with about 14 screens and used at least 4 different quest rule combinations. Needless to say, the bug got fixed...
Later I made a test quest that proved that One Timed Events are totally buggy in 2.10 because they can be done in only one way. It had just 8 screens. Never add more screens than needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users