Wallet Fill SFX?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:01 AM

I replaced the default Rupee pickup sound with a .wav from another zelda game, but now when I collect a large rupee I no longer hear the sound of Link's wallet filling up, just the sound of the rupee being collected once. Any idea what the problem is? I checked for sound gaps, and even trimmed some of the existing sound off with no results. When I restore default SFX, I hear the wallet filling sound again as if there was never any problem...

Edited by Cukeman, 01 April 2016 - 05:55 AM.

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

Huh, that's a head scratcher for sure. My theory is that maybe the .wav is too big, and the program won't play it rapidly for some reason. I would try it with other sfx and see if it works, if you haven't already. This isn't just a theory. It's a bug theory.

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:30 PM

Alright, I will try out some other SFX.

Is there any way to unpack the sfx.dat file that comes with the program? I'd like to take a look at the original sound file and see if I can figure anything out from that.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is. I'm pretty sure the default sounds are integrated into the quest file/ program.

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

No luck. Can't even get it to work with a wav taken from Z1.

*frustration*

EDIT: I guess the best option at this point is to record the default collection/wallet fill SFX for the rupees at each count size and replace them with the other SFX in my audio editing software

Edited by Cukeman, 10 April 2016 - 06:07 PM.

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:39 AM

urgh, same problem with the fire sfx and flamethrower enemies

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:10 PM

I'd take it to the ZC 2.50.2 thread. I'm at a loss too.

#8 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

Actually with fire it's a little different, sort of reversed. There is a pause without sound at the beginning, then I hear the SFX once at the end of the flamethrower sequence (with the wallet there's no pause before the SFX plays once)

#9 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:41 AM

There can only be one instance of a given sound playing. If it tries to play a sound that's already playing, it will start over. I bet what's happening with the fire sound is that the first 100 ms or so is quiet enough that it isn't noticeable before it restarts, so you only hear the last instance.
If that's the case, you should be able to hear each one if you step frame by frame (press F4).

#10 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:48 AM

There can only be one instance of a given sound playing. If it tries to play a sound that's already playing, it will start over. I bet what's happening with the fire sound is that the first 100 ms or so is quiet enough that it isn't noticeable before it restarts, so you only hear the last instance.
If that's the case, you should be able to hear each one if you step frame by frame (press F4).

Alright, that sounds legit for the fire, i'll try editing that sound a bit. I think the wallet is a different situation though

#11 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

Just a theory, but perhaps your wallet sound has a silence/quiet bit at the end?

#12 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

Looking at this again. What sound are you using? Is it assigned to SFX #5 or something else?

#13 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

So, I started a new quest file for testing. I loaded MC_Rupee.wav from http://noproblo.dayjo.org/ZeldaSounds/ into SFX #5, but ZC acted like I hadn't put a new SFX there at all.

I'm hoping to use a different SFX slot for MC_Rupee.wav because #5 is also used for other things.

Edited by Cukeman, 28 July 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#14 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:26 PM

I'm not seeing the problem. If it's reproducible, could you make a demo?

#15 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:34 PM

(link removed)

In this file, MC_Rupee.wav is set to SFX: 67

Pick up the 100 Rupee on the first screen.

Rupee collection sound? Yes

Wallet fill sound? No

(link removed)

In this file MC_Rupee.wav is set to SFX: 5

Pick up the 1 Rupee on the first screen, and the 100 Rupee on the screen to the right.

Rupee collection sound? Yes

Wallet fill sound? Yes

In my previous post (about the SFX 5 quest file) I erroneously stated that ZC was acting like I hadn't put a new SFX in #5. I was mistaken because both sounds (Rupee Collect and Wallet Fill) were playing at the same time and it was hard to hear the new Rupee Collect sound under the default Wallet Fill sound.

I was under the impression that the Wallet Fill SFX and the Rupee Collect SFX used the same sound, and the Wallet Fill simply played the Rupee collect sound a whole bunch of times until the counter reached its new number.

In either case, is there a way to get a Wallet Fill sound for the first quest file? (the one that looks like Minish Cap)

Edited by Cukeman, 04 August 2016 - 04:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users