21 replies to this topic

#1 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

How do you guys feel about it?
I just watched the last episodes of Diamond and Pearl, I literally cried icon_cry.gif A lot when Pikachu and Piplup started crying.
--

#2 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

I think that like everyone else probably that the oldest episodes were the best. Either I am just afraid of change, or that is just my taste. It really went downhill with the Hoenn region in my opinion, the Sinnoh just made it worse. I still watch the movies from time to time, but in all honesty it just doesn't entertain me anymore.

#3 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

First season was classic, second season was edgy, third season was decent and it really all went downhill after the episode where Ash got turned into a Pikachu.

The movies have always been good.

#4 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

Agreed. The first and second and maybe third were the best by far. Completely awesome! Diamond and pearl isn't bad, it's just no where as good as the classics.

#5 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Best Wishes is definitely kicking some arse right now. I recommend watching it somewhere when you get the chance.

A Few Spoilers

#6 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Feb 5 2011, 05:53 PM) View Post

A Few Spoilers

I've heard that, yeah. Now I kind of want to go back and finish watching. I'll have to anyway for my Pokemon TAS, but this just convinces me more.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 05 February 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

Lynker, posting YouTube links to series like this is just as bad as posting a download link to the same torrent. Aka, it's against our rules.

I took the liberty of removing them for you icon_wink.gif

#8 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

Oh, it is?! I'm sorry! D:
I won't do it again.
Anyway, I also think the old episodes are better, but the new ones arn't bad.

#9 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

I don't have anything against any saga; Though some had more "meh" episodes than others, but either way, it's the same re-hash, like DBZ: Satoshi never ages, he goes for some badge/frontier challenge, along the way he catches x Pokemon, He loses some battles, owns in others, finishes, and loses in the main event (- Orange League and Frontier). It's not too much of a bad thing, but Best Wishes is changing this up a bit; well, order wise anyway.

#10 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Feb 5 2011, 06:46 PM) View Post

First season was classic, second season was edgy, third season was decent and it really all went downhill after the episode where Ash got turned into a Pikachu.

The movies have always been good.

^This.

Also, once they changed licensing company, the show made me want to stab my eyes out. I can't stand the new voices.

#11 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

Ash's voice actor from Johto is my favorite just because it's the one I remember the best (I was watching Johto while it was on, I watched Indigo League after the fact, and I'm still catching up on Orange Islands)

#12 Devilforgemaster45

Devilforgemaster45

Senior

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

I used to love this show, the Indigo and Orange Island sagas were great, I watched most of Johto and it was good, but after that it went downhill.

#13 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

I really never watched the show religiously, so I can't really comment on it. I've seen most of the first season though, and thought it was pretty good. The only thing that really bothered me about it was that Ash almost never actually earned his gym badges. He'd almost always fight the leader, lose, then kick Team Rockets' arses, and promptly get the badge cuz he's speshul. I dunno if that's changed in any of the newer series, though. And from what I've seen of the past few series, like with the games, it's just gotten too overly cartoony for my taste. :/

Oh, and I've also seen a few of the earlier movies, and thought they were alright. Pokémon 2000 will always be my favorite though. Except for Lugia's voice. You'd kind of expect him to sound sort of old and wise. Which he doesn't. At all. And the voice actor is awful at acting, to boot. That always annoyed me; Lugia's my favorite Pokémon...

(Also, this:
QUOTE(Koh)
Spoiler
sounds very awesome.)

Finally,
QUOTE(PowerGauntlets)
... it really all went downhill after the episode where Ash got turned into a Pikachu.
Haha, what?

#14 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:12 AM

The Pokemon TV show always struck me as being pretty formulaic and uninspired after the first season or two--which I guess is not surprising, since the games are also all pretty much the same after the first generation or two. In any case, I stopped watching somewhere around the end of the gold-silver/beginning of the ruby-sapphire arc, so I don't really have any idea what's going on with the show these days.

The season 1 theme song was pretty awesome, though. And by awesome I mostly mean nostalgic, but whatever.

QUOTE(Robin @ Feb 5 2011, 06:58 PM) View Post
Lynker, posting YouTube links to series like this is just as bad as posting a download link to the same torrent. Aka, it's against our rules.

I took the liberty of removing them for you icon_wink.gif
Really? icon_eyebrow.gif I've seen plenty of people (including myself) link to copyrighted material on youtube before and not be warned about it. Is this a new thing that the staff decided, or what?

#15 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

I pretty much stopped watching after they changed the voices

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users