Photo

Vote for Wind Waker Wii Version

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Zelda Wind Waker Wii Version

Vote please

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

Hey guys. Please vote if you want to add idea for WW on Wii Version.

Edit: Also give your comment here please. Thank you.

Edited by Zeldaman23, 23 September 2010 - 11:57 AM.

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

Who's going to make it? Would Nintendo really remake a game that's only one generation old?

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(MoscowModder @ Sep 23 2010, 05:10 PM) View Post
Who's going to make it? Would Nintendo really remake a game that's only one generation old?
They did so with the Prime series.

Anyways, they are actually making this. It'll be the same game, but with Wii-controls. Though I think it's weird that we haven't heard anything in a while now, so it's either been canceled, or they could be waiting for the release of Skyward Sword. I don't know. Also, this information is information I got while working as a writer for a gaming magazine, so it's 100% true, though that doesn't mean it hasn't been canceled. I don't know. Either way, at some point, there was plans. That's what I'm saying.

#4 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Sep 23 2010, 01:24 PM) View Post
Though I think it's weird that we haven't heard anything in a while now, so it's either been canceled, or they could be waiting for the release of Skyward Sword.

I didn't hear anything about WW Wii Version so far. I just pop up my mind. My guess they might remake WW after release Skyward Sword. It will be great to play wii instead gamecube version. Can't wait. Hey Migo. Do you know where I can find rumor WW remake for Wii Version?

#5 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

...why on earth would they do this? I mean, the Wii can play Gamecube games natively already; anyone who owns a Wii and wants to play Wind Waker could just buy the original version, probably for less money. Honestly, the only way this makes sense to me at all is if they're making a Master Quest version of Wind Waker, or something else along those lines.

Also, maybe it's just because I've never played the Wii version of Twilight Princess, but I really don't see how Wind Waker would be improved at all by motion controls.

#6 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

Oh right, I had heard of the GC + Wii control series. I suppose they could redo WW with TP controls, but I don't think it would add much to the gameplay.

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(Zeldaman23 @ Sep 23 2010, 05:46 PM) View Post
I didn't hear anything about WW Wii Version so far. I just pop up my mind. My guess they might remake WW after release Skyward Sword. It will be great to play wii instead gamecube version. Can't wait. Hey Migo. Do you know where I can find rumor WW remake for Wii Version?
No, you didn't read my post. It's not a rumor, it's fact. And there's no information about it to be found, because it's supposed to be a secret, but I don't really care, cause I don't write anymore, so what are they gonna do? Get me fired? icon_razz.gif

Snarwin, exactly if the point is GOOD enough is what you should be arguing. They did this with the Prime-trilogy AND Pikmin. In fact, they were, at one point, planning on re-releasing all the best GameCube games with Wii-controls, though if that's still happening I don't know. Either way, they STARTED development on this, but it shouldn't be TOO hard to slap on Wii-controls, so why it's not out yet I do not know. But I can GUARANTEE you that they did indeed plan on doing it. I got this from a list of games they wanted to make/re-release/remake, for the 3DS and the Wii. Lots of exciting little stuff there :3

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

I wouldn't want to see it. I wish Nintendo would stop trying to "Wii-ify" everything and leave things in a natural control setting where they were meant to be. There was, and never will be, anything wrong with a button controller that has no motion sensitivity. icon_unsettled.gif

#9 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

Motion controls defeat the purpose of gaming, Twilight Princess for GC was monumentally better than the Wii version. And yes, I have played through both.

#10 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Sep 23 2010, 02:03 PM) View Post
No, you didn't read my post. It's not a rumor, it's fact. And there's no information about it to be found, because it's supposed to be a secret, but I don't really care, cause I don't write anymore, so what are they gonna do? Get me fired? icon_razz.gif

Aww man. They already hidden?! Man!

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Sep 23 2010, 02:47 PM) View Post

Motion controls defeat the purpose of gaming, Twilight Princess for GC was monumentally better than the Wii version. And yes, I have played through both.

That good to hear that. I play both TP version too.

#11 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

I really don't see the point in re-releasing WW. It's already a great game, and motion controls wouldn't make it any better. Personally I prefer just pressing buttons to make my character move, not flailing the controller around like an idiot. Pretty much the only game I like actually moving the Wiimote for is Wii sports.

Also, I don't understand the poll options. Anyone mind translating them into proper English. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Evile, 23 September 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#12 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

So, why I don't see the PURPOSE of this, I don't see why you'd complain about it. It's as simple as not buying the game. I can assure you that the Zelda team will NOT be the guys behind the "porting" project, so it's not like it delays... any games at all. In fact, I'm certain there's only like one single guy working on it, cause there's just so little to do.

So why complain? Be happy. I'd play it, if it makes any difference. I loved Wind Waker so much that getting a re-release with new controls would... make me play it one more time. Of course, there is the fact that I will get the game for free, if it hasn't been canceled, that is, and I actually doubt I'd buy it, but there's BOUND to be someone out there that would. For example, someone that has never played the game before.

So (third so to start a paragraph in this post, yay) what's the point in saying "no", when you can just refrain from getting it? XD I don't see... any logic behind that. It's like the people hating farmville... if you hate it, don't play it... there's literally NO reason to say "don't make any more of them", because no one is forcing you to play them. [/rant]

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

From what I've heard, WW was released incomplete, due to time constraints of Nintendo not wanting to delay the game any further. I'd like to see a "complete" version.

#14 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Sep 23 2010, 03:58 PM) View Post

I'd like to see a "complete" version.

I can't imagine more in it, it's already a huge game. I wonder what they left out?

#15 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

Like I said, it was left incomplete. I know for sure they left a few islands out that were in planning, and possibly, possibly they left out a dungeon or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users