Families

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:34 PM

When you're older, do you ever want to get married and have kids?

Do I? Nope.
I've grown up being selfish and self-centered, so I can't tolerate relationships. Not only that, but I hate little children. Regardless of age, they are annoying, foolish, and what they say is pointless or has no meaning. It all goes passed my tolerance level to a point where I become angry; I might yell loud or threaten a younger one. Seeing as how I am, and what I think of a family, I'll probably always be a virgin.

The blood in my family lives on from my sister, but the last name will not.

So, how about you?

#2 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:38 PM

No. I'd like to have a relationship, but there are likely no girls out there who even care about me, just like people in general right now IRL. Including my own family.

#3 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:02 PM

I do want a family and kids. Most guys don't, but I do. It'll be a while yet though.

#4 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:33 PM

heh, if you ever go to AGN, chances are you already know my answer

and if you don't, I'll answer anyway; no

Edited by link3505, 16 October 2004 - 05:34 PM.

#5 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:40 PM

XD Link3505..

I dunno..maybe..

#6 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:07 PM

I don't want to get married (I just see no reason for that), but I do want to have a family and many children. I love children very much and my little sister is so adorable and cute. icon_redface.gif

Ahem... anyways, my mother is a f@#!Ä B*#@ !"#*! and she treats everyone so badly that maybe one of the reasons I want to have children is to just show her how children should be treated. At least I know how not to raise and treat children because my little brother is really ****ed up and my mother has tried to do everything to make my life as miserable as possible too...

Um, sorry about that. This is not an "I hate my parents thread" but I just had to mention it. Now it feels a bit better again... icon_neutral.gif
But anyways, yeah, I'd like to have a family some day, but not anytime soon. My friend became a father at the age of 17 and it's not very easy to be in that situation...

#7 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:22 PM

Yes, I do. Why, I don't know. It has just always seemed to be the last piece of the puzzle for being happy. I mean, you can play games all your life, but you will remain how you are now, on the verge of depression. And, that is something I never want to be. But, besides that, I really don't want to be alone all my life. icon_neutral.gif Besides, if I marry a gaming girl, we can play 2 player a bunch. icon_razz.gif

#8 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:25 PM

It's just a tad bit too early for me to be thinking about that.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:17 PM

I don't think I do. I've set aside enough things for me to do in the future. I plan to live a life alone, (Except for the internet.) either in a tropical rainforest (Or some other forest, reasonably close to what may be called civilization.) or on top of a mountain, living as a hermit, talking to my socks. (And having intelligent conversations with them as well. I'll get to that phase in a couple of years, undoubtedly.)

... Maybe if I find the right girl, and have enough money, and my heart turns to flesh and blood and muscle again, I can start a family.

#10 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:16 PM

Definantly. When I get out of school and college, and get into my future, my family begins with my girlfriend (hopefully, and if you know my issues, you'd know what I mean. I'd rather not talk about it, though). Also, when I have kids, I'm going to show my dad how to treat your kids, just like Petoe said, since he's treated me like dirt ever since I was born. But my family will be made with love, not with anger and hatred, like my dad was, when I start my family.

#11 plith

plith

I've been thinking.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:40 PM

Yes, children are general pests/brats/dipsticks, but when I think back on myself at 0 to 14 years old, I have to conclude that I've been the same way. I feel eternally grateful to my parents for putting up with me through all of that and for having me to begin with. In that sense, I feel obligated also to make my penance for being a drain on another person's health by having someone else attached to me.

Then there is the fact that I intend to have that sense of fulfillment in my life, which can only be completed with an open end, a life that continues on after it. All parents live on through their children, in several senses of that word.

There's also the fact that I am led to understand that parenthood is extremely rewarding. There cannot be any greater sense of accomplishment than to have created something; anything material is mere discovery or plagiarism.

#12 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:58 PM

Yes, children are general pests/brats/dipsticks, but when I think back on myself at 0 to 14 years old, I have to conclude that I've been the same way. I feel eternally grateful to my parents for putting up with me through all of that and for having me to begin with. In that sense, I feel obligated also to make my penance for being a drain on another person's health by having someone else attached to me.

Then there is the fact that I intend to have that sense of fulfillment in my life, which can only be completed with an open end, a life that continues on after it. All parents live on through their children, in several senses of that word.

There's also the fact that I am led to understand that parenthood is extremely rewarding. There cannot be any greater sense of accomplishment than to have created something; anything material is mere discovery or plagiarism.

That pretty much summed up how I feel.

#13 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 October 2004 - 12:45 AM

I don't want to think about it right now, however, I think have childern is a gift and I can't wait for the day. I am not in any rush, but I do want to find a girl and have kids. I think it would be a wonderful thing.

#14 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 03:22 AM

I think I want to have a family of my own. Although right now, I get quickly annoyed with young children. I'll have to get over that... But, I just wish someone would like me enough though... Meh. I'll find a way.
Plith also summed up the rest of the way I feel. I do not see the need to put the quote again.

#15 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 03:58 PM

Well, as far as a relationship goes, that I wouldn't mind, as it would sure as hell stop me from feeling so lonely. :/ But as far as kids... that's not something I would want until I'm well out of college. Too much of a hassle really, I figure. I love kids, and can get along with them pretty easily, but I just don't want any of my own... yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users