Photo

Screenshot of the Week 259

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (50 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Spram's is amazing, vote went there. Catchy colors, pleasant looking tiles and superior design.

Dawnlight's looks like an old Evile shot I remember- it's a good shot, but a tiny bit too dark and monocolor for me to vote.

Pheonix's looks like the gameplay is there and I don't see any real errors, but nothing about it is special or grabbing.

Evile's palette kind of just doesn't appeal to me. Probably just a personal taste thing, it's a fine screen.

#17 Spram

Spram

• Members

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

I just uploaded the screenshot to give myself some publicity since my quest is almost done, I didn't know it was going to get so many votes. Hopefully, this will inspire me to finish it already. icon_smile.gif Thanks.

I voted "null" but if I had to I would vote for Evile since Zelda games usually don't have many snow areas and that screenshot makes me wish there were more of them.

#18 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

While Spram's tiles may not be the highest quality of the four, I believe they go together very well and were used wonderfully. They get my vote. icon_wink.gif

#19 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

They're all great, especially Tri's, which uses the Pure set perfectly. However, I'm voting for Spram, because it has amazing screen design.

#20 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

I'm going to have to vote for spram because it's something diffrent from what we see every SOTW submission and because there's something about that screen that i like a lot.

#21 eNJuR

eNJuR

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

I voted for spram because of two reasons: good looking tiles, good classic-ish arangement, and shading on the mountains that is actually set as if it is afternoon, not always brightest on the south side and darker evenly on each side.

#22 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

Spram - 7/10
Interesting choice of graphics. It all seems to fit well together too.

Dawnlight - 8/10
Nothing new, but it's all put together very well. I like the way the medley of trees are done.

Phoenix - 6/10
Not bad. I wonder if more detail can be worked with on top of the ledges.

Evile - 8/10
Fantastic screen for one of many in a vast forest. The details look just right, as the screen is proportioned perfectly.

My vote went to Evile, as I feel it works out the best.

#23 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

Spram - 25 votes = [56.82%]
Dawnlight - 10 votes = [22.73%]
Pheonix - 0 votes = [0.00%]
Evile - 9 votes = [20.45%]
Total Votes: 44

Dawnlight
IPB Image