Sorry for delaying

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

I am so sorry to you all, this is taking alot longer than anticipated, I expected to be on level 4 if not 5 by now, however I'm still on level 3 :/ in fact I couldn't work on it at all since my last update due to school having alot of work left to do and 3 weeks left until the end of the term. I'm thinking, if it ends up I can't get level 3 done soon that I'll give out a demo of the first level or two and just block off places that aren't done yet, though I'd rather have the first half as a demo so that people can get a proper feel of the dungeons before the last three temples, as well as have unrestricted access to the overworked rather than being blocked off at certain parts.
I'll decide in the next week what I'll do, unless there's an overwhelming amount of people who want a demo now rather than wait for the third temple to be completed.
Let me know what you guys think and, once again. I apologize for taking so long.

On a brighter note I've gotten alot of ideas for my best quest, especially the temples and the storyline! Yes, the next question shall be one with a story that you can plow through, though still will rely on exploring for goodies and secrets!

#2 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:31 AM

I say do a demo when you're ready to.  It's your quest, after all.  Don't feel rushed on our account.  (Heck, it took me about 3 years to complete my entire quest!  I made demos when I was ready to.)  Do it at your own pace.

(Not sure what others think, so don't take my word as the only word out there.)

#3 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Agreed lightwulf. It's your quest, build it at your own pace. If you try and meet any expectations, you might end up with a sloppy outcome (or at least in your perspective)

I've been working on a quest for 3.5 years and I've barely touched it since July. But some of these long hiatuses has allowed me to go back and do things I would've never bothered to do if I was building it all in one sitting.

#4 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:24 AM

Thank you both for your responses and support. Honestly, if I wasn't so uncertain as a question maker then it would be a moot point for me asking. However, as this is not only my first quest, but the next few dungeons are also going to be alot more vast and complex, I am more going to need people to play what I have so I don't go too much forwards then end up having to backtrack everything in order to keep it playable with fixes.
Of course, as I'm writing this it just occurred to me that it what beta testers are for, which I could easily ask for people to sign up to do as I work on level three :P
Thank you again to both of you :)

Edited by Limebeer, 29 November 2014 - 05:25 AM.

• Lightwulf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users