Tower of Terror

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#76 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

24 is the maximum hearts you can collect, correct?

The mirror shield is optional.

Hint? Keep finding the fairy cave warp spots. The main entrace of the fairy caves is at the northwest part of Reinverted.

I have been searching everywhere for that darn mirror shield, in all caves I can find and down all holes I can fall in. Ugh

#77 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

Well, I've been wandering around in Tower of Power for over 4 hours  :P, and I haven't progressed beyond opening all areas on the first two floors. I've acquired the boss key, but not the compass or map. Is the map close by? At least I could explore everywhere. If the moon cane of byrna room is a requirement, then I will have to work on finding it. I couldn't open up the fairy cave in the NW corner of Reinverted. There's one button I haven't been able to warp/fall next to. So I hope the mirror shield isn't absolutely necessary. You make reference to the tower in night and day times. How do I switch them? I'm sure I'm missing whole sections. I just can't figure out where to go next. Any hints? Thanks!  

#78 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:22 AM

Mister Snooze:

Yes, 24 hearts is max.

You don't search caves and holes for the Mirror Shield. You search suspicious dead ends on the overworld that when you step into, you get teleported to a part of the Fairy Cave. Find all these fairy warps, then enter the Fairy Cave through its main entrance to eventually find the Mirror Shield.

I have a list of fairy warp spots if you really get stuck with them.

Arieltap:

You have the boss key? But then you probably were everywhere where you need to and also seen the overworld floor, since you got the 2nd dungeon item from there, required to get the boss key, which you say you have. Just go back to that overworld floor (remember, from the middle of Chain Reaction) and use the boss key to get to near the end.

I don't recall map or compass being in there.

The Mirror Shield is optional, but the Moon-adorned Cane of Byrna room requires that, too. Not required to get any of the endings, but if you find almost all optional items, that comes with good reward in the END.

Night and Day? The only tower where I recall a night/day system was the Rotting Tower, but even that had night/day only outside. The Tower of Power doesn't have that.

The further the fairy switch is, the higher level area the warp is in. If there are extra details around the switch, that also helps to pinpoint the location.

#79 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

If there are extra details around the switch, that also helps to pinpoint the location.

Excellent clue

#80 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

what area is this one in?

zelda059_zpsr06x8gqz.png

P.S. I avoided all the Byrna spots because they seemed to take all my money. So now I regret it and have no idea where they were

It looks like I am missing a few things.

zelda060_zpsbwurcpit.png

#81 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

what area is this one in?

zelda059_zpsr06x8gqz.png

P.S. I avoided all the Byrna spots because they seemed to take all my money. So now I regret it and have no idea where they were

It looks like I am missing a few things.

zelda060_zpsbwurcpit.png

Mt.Dead End, north. Two screens south from the peak (where the red fairy is/was).

The first item you miss is something that isn't there, the bomb bag: entire ZC always crashed when I got it while testing, so I made it unreachable. It's the bag of crystals in Goron City, serving as a reference to BB.

The rightmost spot among your equipment items can be filled up by following the clue of the Zora in Badge Factory. So, the item is in Dimply Lit Caves, but not at a spot that you can reach from the main entrance, rather you drop down from the overworld. Then you push an unmarked stone.

Among the 3 other spots, 2 are filled by items you get taking the dungeons and towers in VERY specific order. One is for getting all dungeons first, other is getting all towers first. And one other spot there is filled by an item you need to backtrack waaaaay back to get. Maybe you wondered about an out of reach item in one of the early levels. It's your time to get it with the maximum length hookshot now.

And the earlier cane of byrna spots are all in "cities" of sorts.

First one is probably one you seen so far. You only need a superbomb to get there.

Second one requires flippers, so when you were in that watery area first, you couldn't get there.

#82 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Arieltap:

The further the fairy switch is, the higher level area the warp is in. If there are extra details around the switch, that also helps to pinpoint the location.

Yes, I'd like the list of fairy warp spots, please!

#83 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Mt.Dead End, north. Two screens south from the peak (where the red fairy is/was).

Got it

And the earlier cane of byrna spots are all in "cities" of sorts.

First one is probably one you seen so far. You only need a superbomb to get there.

This is a mystery to me any more help

Second one requires flippers, so when you were in that watery area first, you couldn't get there.

I know where this one is

got that last badge, by the way by pushing that unmarked block

#84 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

The cane of byrna spot you miss is in Goron City.

#85 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

The cane of byrna spot you miss is in Goron City.

OF COURSE, I know right where it is thanks!

#86 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

In the Tower after you use the cane and the mirror shield in that upper right hand room the lens shows you need a wand (it looks like a wand). I have no wand or a place to hold a wand. What did I miss? Geez nevermind

Edited by Mister Snooze, 09 February 2015 - 05:29 PM.

#87 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

So I finished the Tower but honestly don't know what to do next

#88 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

You mean, you "finished" the Tower of Power? If it was so, you would have beat the game.

If you reached the point where you can't progress onwards, then the Fairies just told you to go back home. Jut go back to Relief Dome and look for a newly opened door. That's your next destination. And note that now the Tower of Power is added to your whistle warp locations for convenience. You shall need it soon.

#89 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

You mean, you "finished" the Tower of Power? If it was so, you would have beat the game.

If you reached the point where you can't progress onwards, then the Fairies just told you to go back home.

Ah ha...... and back I go

#90 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

Jut go back to Relief Dome and look for a newly opened door. That's your next destination. And note that now the Tower of Power is added to your whistle warp locations for convenience. You shall need it soon.

What is the Relief Dome I thought it was the entrance to Tower but it is not called that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users