• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

ITS THE MUTANT CHILD OF SOME GAMES!

As you can probably guess, I've been working on some Castlevania-tileset type thing. Not a TRUE Castlevania tileset, all the graphics will be original, but Castlevania-like, as in I'm mimicing the style like a moneybag with a skull in it. But its also going to be Zelda-like in the respect that its going to be Regular Zelda as a side-scroller mixed with Zelda II(meaning, YOU WILL GET TO USE THE HAMMAH TO BASH ENEMIES! icon_eek.gif ) OF course, this will be like any old side-scroller demo created for ZC since Side-Scrolling was programmed into ZC. So, something fancy should be done, huh?

Lately Castlevania games have evovled from the typical arcade-type game, into an Action RPG with Metroid elements(explore a huge castle searching for power-ups to go explore more sections of the castle.) The Action RPG elements would require a special LWeapon which borrows strength from your Level and the current weapon you have. The LWeapon SHOULD be re-usable in multitudes of different weapons.

In Aria of Sorrow, there were primarily 3 different weapon types. Weapons you stabbed outward, weapons your swung over the X axis, and there were three guns. Since Zelda's "guns" would be more like spells, we don't need to worry about that. Basically, I'm asking for a few things in this post.

Number One: A system that counts how many enemies you've killed, which would then, when a certain amount has been killed, you reach a new level, which adds [level number/n] and rounds up any decimals to two(2) global variables, one your Strength, and two, your defense. So all and all there should be 5 variables, Enemies Killed, Enemies to Level, Level, Strength, Defense. Whenever Enemies to Level reaches 0, Level would increase by 1, Strength and Defense would increase by [level number/n], and finally, Enemies to Level would go up to a higher number.

N, and Higher Number are things I haven't worked out. I don't know what's right. If you put anything in for N, mark where N will be, so I can tweak it if it isn't the way it should be. Higher Number should be some sort of equasion which results in the next number to come being higher by a larger margin.

Number Two: a stabbing item script that adds it's own strength to the global variable strength it has. Must be aligned to the upper body, since I'm using a full sized Link(about 16 width and 32 height) Should come in two varieties: 28(2 tiles, with a slightly shortened hit-box) pixel length, and 36(3 tiles with a slightly shortaned hitbox) pixel length. Should at least save room for 4 frames of animation. OR, if can be made possible, give the option to specify the hit-box and tile information(which would be much easier as there could be weapons even shorter/longer.)

Number Three
: a slashing item script that adds it's own strength to the global variable strength it has. Must be aligned to the upper body, since I'm using a full sized Link(about 16 width and 32 height) Should come in two varieties: 28by 16(2 tiles, with a slightly shortened hit-box, and 1 tile long) pixel length, and 36 by 32(3 tiles high with a slightly shortaned hitbox, and two tiles long) pixel length. It would go in a half circle starting which, from Link's perspective, starts at 45 degrees up and behind him, and swing 45 degrees forward and below him.about 8 frames of animation. OR, if can be made possible, give the option to specify the hit-box and tile information(which would be much easier as there could be weapons even shorter/longer.)

Number Four: The ability to make current weapons and armor borrow from your strength/defense via an item script, like the Bow.

I doubt stuff like this will be done for me, but I don't know ZScript at all. I can't even learn it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users