Genie Boss from LADX?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

Yes, something like Level 2's boss from Link's Awakening. I had asked for this in early June, and my topic got very little attention. Ever since I created the Boss Room for Level 2 in Island of Dreams, I've had a couple Aquamenti in it. Plus, the expo's coming up, and I want to finish with Level 2, and get it behind me, so I can move on to Kanalet Castle. So could somebody please help me with this?

Alright, so when you walk into the room, there are 2 FFCs (the bottle (1x2 combos high), and the Genie (3x3 combos)). A message will appear on the screen. Then the Genie's going to fly around the room randomly, while throwing fireballs at you. If you're hit by a fireball, you lose half a heart, and if you touch the Genie, you lose half a heart. After 15 seconds or so, he'll 'disappear inside his bottle', so to speak. But truthfully, he's going to switch to a different FFC, which will move toward the bottle (for a smoke effect), and then switch to a third FFC. The Bottle then, will hop randomly around the room, and you have to hit it with the hammer. Again, if you touch it, you lose half a heart. That whole process should repeat 2 more times. After you hit the bottle with the hammer for the third time, the bottle 'breaks', or rather, it switches to a different FFC. From this point on, the bottle does absolutely nothing. A second message will appear on the screen, and the Genie will then start moving randomly around the screen, but faster than before, and shooting more fireballs at you. You have to hit him with your sword 4 times, but each time you hit him, he 'teleports' to a different part of the screen. After you hit him for the final time, he switches to a different FFC for an explosion effect, and a heart container appears in the middle of the room (or perhaps on top of the broken bottle...).

Yes, I do realize it's alot, and to be honest, I don't expect anyone to be jumping on it immediately, but I would like for it to get done, because I have very little scripting skills.

#2 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

ill be glad to support this quest...good luck icon_thumbsup.gif have you tried the ledge script on your quest?

#3 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(drzchulo973 @ Sep 24 2008, 10:39 PM) View Post
ill be glad to support this quest...good luck icon_thumbsup.gif have you tried the ledge script on your quest?

Thanks much. icon_smile.gif It's nice to see another person say good stuff about my quest. And yes, as a matter of fact, I have the ledge script. I implemented it a few weeks ago, and it's working wonders! icon_smile.gif Heh, but all this is a bit off-topic though. icon_heh.gif

#4 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

i know i know icon_biggrin.gif the reason im asking because i have no clue how to make that script work in my quest since im making a third oracle game in the series and i imported that script from beefster would you mind helping me sort that out a bit PM me if you would like credit in my game ill appreciate it alot =)

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

drzchulo973: Please keep on-topic. Beta Link created this thread to request a boss script, not to discuss his quest in general or other scripts. Hijacking a topic like that is generally not good netiquette.

Usually, boss request scripts don't get much attention simply because a script to do all that requires an enormous amount of work. However, here are a few ideas that might break it down into a few easily manageable scripts:

1. Setup three different FFC screens for your Fire Throwing phases. Use changers and the like to make a center statue combo change speeds and stuff, progressively getting more random. Then (and this is where scripts come in) somehow "tie" your 2x2 or 3x3 Genie combos to your FFC. Make the Genie combos damage-dealing and you've got a nice setup. Of course, I don't know if tying a group of combos to a single FFC is even possible, so it might not work.
2. For your bottle, you might consider using an invincible custom Tektite to fake it, and use scripts to end the bottle phase when it's hit with the Hammer.
3. Finally, for the end phase, repeat the first technique, but give the genie combos sword flags as well and simply warp to a new screen every time you smack him.

I hope this helps... I think this is the most easily manageable way of doing this.

#6 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

Thanks, Ebola. Scripts like that should be easy enough to create. icon_smile.gif Now, to get to work... icon_cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users