Golden Skulltulas script request

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

I decided that Golden Skulltulas would make a fun side quest. The only problem is I'm pretty sure it would require scripting, which I have no idea how to do.

#2 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

It could be done in a script.....but if your gonna use 2.10 and its a side quest, be creative. make the tri force golden skullitas, or even keys.

#3 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

I have an idea on how to scriot this, I couldn't do it myself though...

The Item- Make an item, the "Gold Skulltula Token." Script it so that when you pick it up, your number of Gold Skulltula Tokens (a global variable) goes up by 1.

The Enemy- Use the enemy-ghosting script to script an enemy, the Gold Skulltula, that drops the token when it dies. Make the enemy a "Never Returns after Death" enemy in the enemy editor.

The Rewards- Make a global script that gives Link an invisible dummy item per x Skulltula Tokens he gets. Then, for each person in the Skulltula House, use the "Goto if Item", combined with "Give Item", string codes to give Link his rewards.

Get it? No? Okay...

Suppose Link kills ten Skulltulas. The global script checks your SkulltulasKilled variable and gives Link the "Reward 1" item. When Link goes to the house to talk to the first guy, the Goto if Item code recognizes Link's "Reward 1" and switches to a string that gives Link the actual reward. The same thing for the next 10 Skulltulas. When he kills 20, the global script silently gives him the "Reward 2" dummy item. When Link talks to the second guy, the second guy will give him the reward. And so on. Get it now?

Edited by Silly Cat 2, 08 September 2008 - 04:43 PM.

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Actually, that doesn't sound too hard (not that I know anything about scripting. At all. Seriously.) but wouldn't you have to sacrifice a droppable item in order to do it? Last time I checked, drop sets were hardcoded into the enemy editor (something I think is kind of stupid) and you couldn't make an enemy drop anything else.

#5 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

The reason the enemy is scripted is so it drops the token and not an item. Script it so when the enemy dies, the token appears in its place.

EDIT: Or make the screen's Item a token and set "Enemy Carries Item".

Edited by Silly Cat 2, 08 September 2008 - 06:06 PM.

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:17 AM

If you go to the specific item in the item editor and change it to be a skulltula token, you could achieve that effect.
Say you wanted enemies to drop skulltulas instead of Rupee (10)s, if you find that item in the item editor and replace it with a skulltula, skulltula'sll be dropped instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users