Photo

Ledge Script.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Apr 22 2008, 08:57 PM) View Post

I know that. I was asking if you'd please change it so it WOULD react to combo types. You see... If you place multiple FFCs on one screen, all running the same script, NONE of the scripts activate, period. Major flaw. icon_frown.gif I think you understand now?

I wish I would've known that before I gave up on the custom Megmet enemy I made when I thought it was too buggy to fix... icon_mad.gif

#17 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Apr 22 2008, 11:55 PM) View Post

What?!

Really?

I've done this lots of times and it works fine...

Hm, this is interesting. I'll try two of the same script out on one screen and see what happens.

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:09 AM

Come to think of it, the last boss I made runs 5 of the exact same script on one screen, and it definately works.

#19 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

Yeah. I just tested it with 3 of these on the screen. Only the third one didn't work. icon_confused.gif

#20 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(Beefster @ Apr 23 2008, 11:55 AM) View Post

Yeah. I just tested it with 3 of these on the screen. Only the third one didn't work. icon_confused.gif

Hmm.. I coulda sworn it still didn't work that way.... Hmmm.... I'll ask around. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to try for myself...

#21 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

If that's happening, it's a system bug, could you report it?

#22 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Apr 23 2008, 08:09 AM) View Post

Come to think of it, the last boss I made runs 5 of the exact same script on one screen, and it definately works.

QUOTE(Beefster @ Apr 23 2008, 08:55 AM) View Post

I'd say we have a bug on our hands. Now, who wants to report it?

#23 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

I need to take a look at my script before we jump to any conclusions. (no pun intended) Plus, I want to make a few changes so Link jumps over the whole tile.

Edited by Beefster, 23 April 2008 - 04:03 PM.

#24 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

Well I'd like to get something that crucial sorted, but seeing as I've never experienced it, I can't do much really.

#25 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

I,ve got you beat...: 32 FFCs on the same screen with the same script AND THEY ALL MOTHER****ING WORK! Beefster, move the location of the third ffc and see if it's a different problem.

#26 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

it's worth a shot.

PS: script is updated, but the bug is still there.

I moved the ffc, but it still won't work. Also, only the right half of ffc 2 works. I figured that it was trivial or some error with my script, so I left that detail out before. I'm baffled. It seems to be in only this instance.

Edited by Beefster, 23 April 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#27 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

Hmm... Problem! When I use this script, if I walk into the FFC in the right direction, and continue holding said direction, it works. If I edge myself into the spot slowly, get up against the solid portion, and THEN hold the direction, I don't jump. To put it another way, I can't already be in the FFC for it to work. I have to start outside it, and continue to hold it while walking into the FFC for me to jump... Why?

#28 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

You're supposed to put it over what you want Link to jump over, not where you want him to be before jumping. Think of it as a one-way tile.

#29 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(Beefster @ Apr 23 2008, 10:02 PM) View Post

You're supposed to put it over what you want Link to jump over, not where you want him to be before jumping. Think of it as a one-way tile.

Ah. Testing... Hmm. It's still not working for up. But that's probably because it might not accept the Effect area to be only 8 pixels. (I'm using GB Zelda graphics, so ledges are basically walkable on one half. You get the idea, right?) Should I just remove the +8/-8 parts to the up, left, and right portions to get Link to only jump to the very end of the thing, instead of to the end, plus 8 more pixels? D:

EDIT: And in case I'm not obvious enough (which I'm not): It's working now, except the up direction. And since left and right are the same situation as up.... yeah.

Edited by Matthew, 23 April 2008 - 09:24 PM.

#30 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:13 AM

I smell a huge bug present in this build...

O mighty Jman, we seek thy help und guidance! :O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users