Tower of Terror

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#46 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

Just a small thing ... I am stuck here and can't move in any direction.

zelda031_zps6sqbqmwn.png

#47 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

Look around the Dimly Lit Caves under the main overworld. You will probably figure out that you can get to one certain part of it only from above. But to clear the path to that "above", you need to shinespark (bomb) a shadow. A shadow you can't miss. And the L3 sword item is available from after the 3rd or 4th tower, so you are close to that, too. But that is at a 100% different place, one that perhaps you seen in your dreams.

Is the butterfly net the L3 sword? If so, I don't see the "dreams" reference you made above. Also, I remember killing a death knight in some tower or level, and he gave me a 500 rupee prize (which I didn't pick up because I didn't have the middle wallet). Now I can't remember for the life of me which tower or level that was. Can I get a hint? Thanks!

#48 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

Mister Snooze:

That small thing will be fixed in the next update, if/when there will be one. I made so many updates while Eppy was LPing GM.

Arieltap:

I was referring to that you seen that chest in the beginning already.

Maybe you mean the Tower of Cinder? If I recall, there was a splitting darknut and money might have been a prize there. I don't remember a death knight early on (1-4 towers/dungeons).

• arieltap likes this

#49 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

Just a small thing ... I am stuck here and can't move in any direction.

zelda031_zps6sqbqmwn.png

Hm it seems that i forgot to report that stuck issue to CC when i tested the quest. Sorry about that

#50 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

I may have a girly lollipop but I am stuck in here with no way out except to f6 cont

zelda033_zpsw35d1fnm.png

Is the lollipop supposed to be an upgrade? It sure doesn't seem like it. I can no longer shoot anyone from a distance when my hearts are full. That seems like a detriment. Did I screw up by saving the lollipop?

#51 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:02 AM

I can't even imagine how did you end up there...

As for the lollipop, it's an accomplishment to play with a nerfed weapon and it changes the true final boss, as well as a few lines in the end. But if you want something more powerful, speak with the Zora girl on that screen again.

#52 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

I can't even imagine how did you end up there...

I walked across the open space from the left with my ladder and thru the block, surprised me too.

I was trying to push the block

This time I walked on the upper part of the open space and onto the upper part of the block and got the heart piece then I walked down and got stuck on the table

zelda036_zpshkicpye8.png

#53 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

It appears that I need the bracelet to advance in Metal Kiss. I found a chest that the lens reveals contains a bracelet/goron face. Can't open it though. Does it require a key? Or is it a ruse? Thanks!

ALSO: Are the Mint Lollipop and the Butterfly Net the same strength? What's the difference?

Edited by arieltap, 04 February 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#54 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

That chest is locked, find a key first. There must be at least one at the southeast.

The Butterfly Net is simply L3 sword and the Mint Lollipop is simply L4 sword. It's in fact L5, but it's L4 strength. What does this mean? Both the girly lollipop and the Mint Lollipop trigger L4 sword secrets and the Mint Lollipop isn't detected by "use sword, shoot fireball" statues.

#55 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

...and the Mint Lollipop isn't detected by "use sword, shoot fireball" statues.

Okay. I'm sorry. The second part of this sentence doesn't make sense to me. First: did you mean "Butterfly Net" instead of "Mint Lollipop"? Second: if I have the butterfly net then what will happen with "use sword, shoot fireball" statues? Both the mint lollipop and the butterfly net shoot fireballs... :confused:

#56 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Isn't detected by "use sword, shoot fireball" statues. So, we are speaking about objects here, not an ability of yours. There are many things in the quest that shoot a fireball when you use your L1/2/3/4 sword. But the Mint Lollipop is L5, so they won't shoot. And the things that you shoot from your sword items are sword beams, not fireballs.

• arieltap likes this

#57 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

Thanks! I'm now at the skull hospital (or at least I think it's the skull hospital). It appears that my hookshot will not grapple with the anchor in front of the skull hospital. Do I need to trigger something? Or do I need a link increase on my hookshot? (the hookshot appears to reach the anchor...)

#58 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

It wouldn't be that good if you were at Skull Hospital already... Since that would mean you were progressing too fast and it's not fun to beat a quest too soon.

After Metal Kiss, Ester changed the plan, now you need to go to Riteway Station in the graveyard. The graveyard does have a screen that has both an entrance and a hookshot grab object, but that's the last tower and requires the 2nd longest chain (you get a hint at its location in Riteway Station). Riteway Station is at the northwest part of the graveyard. First change to night at the northeast screen, then go to northwest, trigger the secret, exit and re-enter the graveyard to make it day, then you can enter Riteway Station. You can do all this much earlier, but you can progress in the dungeon only if you have beaten Metal Kiss.

Skull Hospital is at the farthest west, through the forest areas.

• arieltap likes this

#59 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:31 AM

...the 2nd longest chain (you get a hint at its location in Riteway Station)...

I've spoken to everyone I could in the Riteway Station. The only clues I got that were relevant were ones about "revisiting previous places that were hard to get to." That's a pretty broad hint, so I'm traipsing all about looking, finding other good stuff, but no longer chain. Have I missed a more pertinent clue?

#60 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:30 AM

At the place where you get the dungeon item, there should be an NPC around mentioning somebody who has a chain expansion under Farside (east part of the main overworld). Use the same logic you use for finding hidden fairy warp spots. Remember, you always can get a chain much earlier than when you absolutely start needing it (except for the last one).

• arieltap likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users