Photo

Map of the Month 31

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 31 (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite map!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Welcome to Map of the Month 31! It's a little earlier than past MotMs, primarily because I want the contest to actually start on the first day of the month as Jesus intended.

We have a whopping 6 entries to choose from this week! I'd really like it if people submitted like this more often, it's cool!

Maps! Yeah Yeah Yeahs!

Rambly
Greetings from 2008!

Moosh
This is the house that Richard built. Also the boss is testicular cancer.

Jared
The new Enave Village!

Hubydweyer

Evan20000
Four floors of confusion.

-DuCkTApE-
A big project im working on. icon_biggrin.gif

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

This competition is full of dicks.

er

Rambly takes this one, if just barely. The others aren't bad, except Huby's is... pretty empty, but nothing really jumped out at me.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Rambly... that map is... words fail me. It's... amazing. Beautiful. Spectacular-o-matic. When my kids ask what ZC is, this is the map I will show them. Thank you, for making this community slightly better via your map's presence.

Moosh: I think you already know what I think of this from the Skype calls. I am interested in seeing how the boss plays out though.

Jared: Not bad, not bad at all. Very good, in fact. I like the idea of blue trees, but the shades of blue you used are a bit jarring, but otherwise, it's great.

Hubydweyer: It looks a bit empty.

Evan: I do believe I've commented on this place enough already.

-DuCkTApE-: Not bad at all. Keep up the good work.

#4 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

I nulled, but I'd almost certainly vote for Rambly. That map is absolutely gorgeous. I'm also going to preemptively congratulate Rambly for winning MotM31! icon_razz.gif

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

WHY IS NOBODY VOTING FOR MY BEAUTIFUL MAP! I WILL NEVER FINISH THIS QUEST IF MY MAP DOESN'T WIN!!!!!ONEONEELEVENELEVEN

But yeah, should I keep going with it? How would you guys rape rate my map?

Edited by Moosh, 01 August 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#6 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

Rambly: Damn Ben, I didn't realize you had so much talent when it came to ZQuest. This is incredible.

Moosh: I've always been intrigued by the idea of having a dungeon inside of a house, so I'm glad you're doing this. Also, I hope you're serious about the boss being testicular cancer.
EDIT: I forgot to actually critique. I think you're doing a good job with the map provided that it's supposed to feel cramped in certain areas (since it's a house and all). Is the purple liquid supposed to be poison?

Jared: This is a very nice screen, but it just feels like it's been done before.

hubydweyer: I do have to agree that this map is very empty. However, I love the palette choice and I think the actual layout you have is great. You can definitely turn this into something incredible.

Evan20k: I don't want to embarrass you, but your cruelty is showing. =P This is spectacular GBC work, but you're probably tired of hearing that from me by now.

-DuCkTApE-: Aside from a few awkward-looking trees, this is a really nice GBC scene. I enjoy it.

I genuinely wish I could have two votes, because I think Rambly and Evan20k both deserve it this month. Out of the two, I'm picking Rambly's map solely because it brings something new to a tileset that gets use a lot, and it works very well (sorry Evan icon_frown.gif)

Edited by Hergiswi, 02 August 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Aug 1 2012, 09:05 PM) View Post

WHY IS NOBODY VOTING FOR MY BEAUTIFUL MAP! I WILL NEVER FINISH THIS QUEST IF MY MAP DOESN'T WIN!!!!!ONEONEELEVENELEVEN

But yeah, should I keep going with it? How would you guys rape rate my map?

Nice pun Moosh icon_lol.gif I think your caption is reference to one of your streams.

Rambly destroys the competition this month. A good example of how Pure Remembrance is properly used for a village map.

#8 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Rambly won my vote! Jared won second place. Good job,guys!

#9 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

So Migokalle recently made me aware that -DuCkTaPe-'s submission didn't actually originally violate the rules. I've actually decided to just go ahead and restore his original submission as it was meant to be. My apologies to -DuCkTaPe-.

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

I love Rambly's map. It's just so... handsome. The large trees clash with the rest of the tileset, but the area as a whole soars above the competition. Good enough for my vote.

#11 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

This month's winner is...

Rambly!

Congratulations! icon_biggrin.gif

Map of the Month 32 will be posted shortly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users