Photo

Map of the Years ~ 2009, "Guardian Acorn" edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

Poll: Map of the Years ~ 2009, "Guardian Acorn" edition (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite Map of the Year!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Welcome to the first bracket of the not-terribly-annual
~ Map of the Years 2012! ~
~ 2009 - "Guardian Acorn" edition ~

Hi! It's been... a little while since the last Map of the Year, huh? (Three years, for those of you keeping tally, which I imagine won't be very many of you unless you're as insane and neurotic as I am.) I really hope you all enjoy the show! There's popcorn and seats and little cup-holders in the seats and 3D glasses, it's amazing!

There will be three normal bracket contests -- one containing maps from 2009, one containing maps from 2010, and one containing maps from 2011-2012. They will be ran weekly, so this poll will end and the next will start on May 30, 2012. After the three bracket contests end, there will be a Finals bracket containing the winners from all three regular brackets. And the winner of that bracket is the winner of... Map of the Years! (gasp!)

With any luck, after this contest, we can reset Map of the Year back to being an actual, regular event as opposed to something that we forget about every year and put off until the next y--as opposed to a consciously, intentionally triannual event. Yep! Map of the Years is going to become just plain Map of the Year next year!

Anyway, these maps are all from 2009. It was a pretty good year, as far as years go. I think I was completely absent from PureZC at the time, myself. Apparently people made lots of pretty neat maps, or something? That's what I can surmise from the collection of maps below. That you can vote for. (Hint: Pick your favorite!)

By the way, for those of you not in the cool Game Boy Zelda club, the title is from Link's Awakening. In fact, all of the titles will be from Link's Awakening, I think! I wanted to do something from Spirit Tracks as a nod to our overlord and savior Migokalle, since that's his favorite Zelda, but... I haven't... quite played... Spirit Tracks yet. And I dunno any of the cool items from it or how they would fit in. icon_frown.gif

Anyway, that's enough blabbering. I just wanted to make this post sound more important and cool than it is. Here y'all go! Here's maps!

Welcome to the first collection of maps of the not-terribly-annual
~ Map of the Years 2012! ~
~ 2009 - "Guardian Acorn" edition ~

Yoshimi (originally known as Sheik)

Yoshimi
Outdated...of course.

SpacemanDan (originally known as Blaman)
Rokai Falls: The source of the Romians fresh water.

SpacemanDan
A map from a quest for a contest from awhile back I never finished...

Xiion
Shell Reef, an idyllic walk on an ancient beach... Just don't go swimming.

#2 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Sorry for being a day late in getting the contest done. icon_frown.gif I was really really busy last night and didn't get a chance to finish things up.

Map of the Years ~ 2009, "Guardian Acorn" edition
Yoshimi, MotM #13 [6] ** [50.00%]
Yoshimi, MotM #14 [2] ** [16.67%]
SpacemanDan, MotM #15 [1] ** [8.33%]
SpacemanDan, MotM #16 [0] ** [0.00%]
Xiion, MotM #17 [3] ** [25.00%]

Congratulations to Yoshimi, whose map will go on to the finals!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users