Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#826 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:21 AM

Lost Isle was a little hard for me to get into, but once I did, it was an incredible gaming experience.

This game is partly so great because it is hard, but fair and fun. But this freaking invisible maze in the Elf Cave is straight bullshit.

Agreed on all parts. All of them.

All of them.

So I made a scant few changes to the cave. These have already been implemented as of the last download from a few days ago. Some of these changes are mine, and some are have always been there.

1) All relevant screens in the Elf Cave have magic perpetually increase on its own through a script I made. You just have to wait around a little bit and magic will rise on its own. Just make a sandwich or something.
2) The merchant to the left sells the Lens of Truth. This has always been true. He also sells the L3 Shield in case LikeLikes are eating your stuff.
3) The Lens will reveal the hidden paths.
4) As of the most recent download, there is a warp that will return you to the end of the maze path, located in the first room of Elf Cave. Just reach the screen with the lock block (It's not a locked door anymore.) and the warp will activate.

#827 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

I wondered about the magic recovering!   Yeah, thanks for that.  I did make it through not too long after posting.  I posted that in frustration after falling onto spikes for about the 10th time.  I'm through a decent-sized chunk of Marathon now.   Man that place is HUGE.  Again, overall DoY is a five-star experience.  No question about it.  

#828 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:31 AM

Happy to hear! Try walking around to it to this music. Somehow it grew on me a lot while working on it.

#829 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:43 PM

Of all ZC quest i have play Megaman Dr Wily's Revenge Director's Cut and Dreams of Yesterday are my 2 favorite ZC quest  :clap:

• ShadowTiger likes this

#830 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

Oh boy. You know what you need? Sabotage Dragoon. It's by the same author as Dreams of Yesterday. Do note that it was never finished, so if you find any bugs or incomplete areas, don't be surprised. What is there is really interesting though.
  • nandobyker likes this

#831 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

Oh boy. You know what you need? Sabotage Dragoon. It's by the same author as Dreams of Yesterday. Do note that it was never finished, so if you find any bugs or incomplete areas, don't be surprised. What is there is really interesting though.

I recall a quote from C-Dawg somewhere on AGN saying that he sort of preferred DoY's less complex plot to Sabotage Dragoon's. I can agree with him, leaving less dialogue lessens the chance of making any "cringe" moments as a writer and I should know

...I put a "squeamish" emoji there when I first clicked Post and it didn't embed. Oh well.

Edited by P-Tux7, 01 September 2019 - 08:26 PM.

#832 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:43 PM

thanks, i give a try later

#833 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:17 AM

thanks, i give a try later

very well then, when you start sabotage dragon,go to the hotel and talk to the owner sister.after.that give one tic-me-now-Dawg to her ...you won't believe what she do......!fantastic,!!!.

• ShadowTiger and nandobyker like this

#834 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:43 PM

So I'm very confused about some things that just happened in Marathon.  I was able to enter the boss room on 3rd floor and beat the boss despite never getting a boss key.  I also never got an item in there.  The only major item I would say I'm missing is the mirror shield.  Was I supposed to get it in there?  There were some rooms I never accessed.  If that's what I am supposed to get in there a hint about how would be great because I am so sick of that level I could cry.  

Again, if I never have to see that place again I'd love it, but that also seems like something that could be incredibly useful to have.  

#835 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

very well then, when you start sabotage dragon,go to the hotel and talk to the owner sister.after.that give one tic-me-now-Dawg to her ...you won't believe what she do......!fantastic,!!!.

Don't tell me C-Dawg put a striptease into such an old quest... I've already got way too much profanity, drug, and sex references recently from playing the quest Jimmy Beat World.

#836 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:49 PM

I don't know if this is related to not being able to explore parts of the level, but I feel like I should be able to walk onto the invisible platforms here, and I can't cause the ladder activates on what should be a solid platform. 

mMPhKbJ.png

• ShadowTiger likes this

#837 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:25 PM

So I'm very confused about some things that just happened in Marathon.  I was able to enter the boss room on 3rd floor and beat the boss despite never getting a boss key.  I also never got an item in there.  The only major item I would say I'm missing is the mirror shield.  Was I supposed to get it in there?  There were some rooms I never accessed.  If that's what I am supposed to get in there a hint about how would be great because I am so sick of that level I could cry.

That was a prime example of Marathon still having the remnants of the Zelda Classic 1.63 variety of event triggers. They don't work that well sometimes. I just replaced it with a true boss key and boss door, and some clever warping tricks.

Again, if I never have to see that place again I'd love it, but that also seems like something that could be incredibly useful to have.

Got a map of Marathon here.
Direct link
Spoiler

------------

EDIT: New Version.
Fixed the boss key room door, made that ladder-issue room moot by just having the platform extend straight through.

#838 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:01 PM

I can't walk onto the platforms.   I now come to a dead stop right here unable to move further.

TfQWawr.png

#839 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:55 PM

That was a prime example of Marathon still having the remnants of the Zelda Classic 1.63 variety of event triggers. They don't work that well sometimes. I just replaced it with a true boss key and boss door, and some clever warping tricks.

Got a map of Marathon here.
Direct link

Wow nice map, it looks beautiful on that view  :approve:

• ShadowTiger likes this

#840 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:06 AM

Weird. I've been able to walk on it just fine.
Spoiler

You're sure you're using ZC 2.53 Release 2, and not ZC 2.50.2? I don't know if there's a difference, but maybe it's contributing?

Either way, all I did was toggle "Allow Ladders" off, but the ladder was releasing anyway.

The File.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users