projectile shooter problem problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheTrueMarioMaster

TheTrueMarioMaster

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

I'm having problems with the shooters in my quest which I'm using zquest version 2.50.2 for (zquest 2.50 crashes when I try to use items).  I've created some custom shooters which I'm going to use in level two of my quest but upon testing them they always spawn in the bottom right corner of the screen rather than spawning where I put the enemy flags, anyone know how I can fix this problem.  Also I'm curious on how you do one directional shooters since I've seen a few quests have them but all I can get are homing projectiles or projectiles that shoot in a random direction.

#2 TheTrueMarioMaster

TheTrueMarioMaster

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

Nevermind, the issue was caused by setting the enemies to spawn at the sides of the screen.  Still curious how to do the one directional shooters though.

Edited by TheTrueMarioMaster, 25 May 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#3 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:56 AM

When you say "custom shooters," do you mean that you're adding/coding your own extra shooters, or just that you're positioning the default ones at custom locations?

I probably can't help if you're adding your own, but I can tell you that certain shooters (sword, magic, flame, etc.) will only shoot in straight lines, and that they shoot in the direction closest to the player. That means that, if you place a shooter at the upper-left corner of a dungeon screen and the player stands at the lower-right corner of the screen, the shooter will shoot to its right, since Link will be closer to the shooter's horizontal line of sight than its vertical line of sight. It's possible that the one-directional shooters you saw only appeared to act that way because of the room layout, rather than because they were configured that way.

#4 TheTrueMarioMaster

TheTrueMarioMaster

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

I see, so the ones that do shoot in straight lines don't shoot in random directions like I thought.  Although in one of the quests I saw (I believe it was a demo) there was a shooter that was always shooting a fireball to the right and fireballs always home in on Link unless it is 4-shot, 8-shot, and I think maybe breath.  It would be great for puzzles if I figured out how to do it although I'm guessing you might need scripting although for my first quest I'm just trying to go with the basic zquest while experimenting with it's features.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: projectile, shooter, problem, problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users