Photo

Enemy of the Month #5: Sideview Enemy Theme

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Enemy of the Month #5: Sideview Enemy Theme

Best Overall Enemy

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Useful Enemy

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Creative Enemy

Most Entertaining Enemy

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 12 March 2024 - 02:10 PM

Welcome to Enemy of the Month 5: March edition! Lets march forth and spring into action with some sideview enemies!

Please look through the enemies and vote fairly and honestly. Submit your votes for whichever entry you felt deserved it. 

• Best Overall Enemy: The best overall enemy this march.
  • Most Useful Enemy: The most useful enemy this march that everyone can/could use in their quest.
  • Most Creative Enemy: The most creative enemy designed this march.
  • Most Entertaining Enemy: The most entertaining enemy designed this march.

YouTube Video
To watch all these enemies in action without downloading any of the enemies, view the video below!:

All Enemies Download Link
If enemies can punish jumping, maybe there are enemies that punish individual downloads, so why not minimize your downloads with one single click? Click below to download both entries at once!
https://www.mediafir...nemies.zip/file

The Enemies
It's time to d-d-d-duel! Our entries! Are!

Generic Sideview Walker - Moosh

• Enemy Name: Generic Sideview Walker
  • Description: A generic walking enemy for sideview with a decent amount of customization options. 
  • Version of ZQuest: 2.55.0
  • Quest File: https://www.mediafir...nemies.zip/file

Mario Enemy Pack - Lejes

• Enemy Name: Mario Enemy Pack
  • Description: A pack of Mario enemies. Thanks to Zaxarone for inspiration, and Moosh for the question mark block/brick script.
  • Version of ZQuest: 2.55 Nightly February 11th 2024
  • Quest File: Mario Enemies

Thank you both Moosh and Lejes for entering, and thank you in advance for voting! Jump to it!

• Anthus likes this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 March 2024 - 03:16 PM

Heyyy! We made it! This was a tough one in part because sideview jank and in part because brain didn't brain this month, so it was a bit down to the wire even with the extension.

Cool to see both Lejes and I had the same idea with making an enemy pack rather than a single enemy. Amused by all the Mario enemies made with Zelda 1 enemy sprites. And of course the obligatory Mario Maker dev exit.

• Anthus and Deedee like this

#3 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 13 March 2024 - 02:59 AM

I almost didn't get this done because of catastrophic Subscreen Problems. And the Koopas lost their heads because the two tile ones loved the floor and being inside it. I love how the Generic Sideview Walker pack plays around with gravity. Having a collection of little guys is so important for sideview screens, even if they're just a brief interlude in a larger top-down quest. I hope people use these going forward. I would have experimented with 3.0 scrolling sideview stuff, but learning new things and procrastination mix like oil and water. A life lesson there.

• Anthus and Deedee like this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 March 2024 - 10:40 PM

I need to try these out at some point. I don't have a full review or anything, but they look really cool.

• Deedee likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users