• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

Seeing that it's been a month since I began this project (looks like I didn't make the initial deadline) I decided to make an update showing off some of the first dungeon I am making, especially now that it's halfway complete. Spellbound Temple... you may have seen some previews floating around (screenshot thread, project page, etc.) but I would like to show some updated and new screenshots.

Note I will not be revealing the main mechanic of this dungeon. And to anyone I showed it too, don't spoil plz. And with that said, without further ado, here's a list of screenshots.
(Haven't selected enemies yet.)

EVapicf.png
Entering the dungeon!

IyDZw2q.png
Books? What are books doing here?

nSJ9qge.png
It's dark! ... Another book?

6efBOZE.png
Help.

w5B1q1K.png
Just beat the mini-boss!

7tzfzm2.png
What's inside?

(Once again, using cheats. Sue me.)

Despite this project taking longer than anticipated, I am still as committed as I was when I begun this project. There will be nine dungeons (four main, one final and the rest are bonus dungeons) so hopefully each dungeon takes only a few days to make (without rushing them, of course; I want these to be as good as they can!). So yeah, I hope you all enjoyed that short little update, and it's back to dungeon making for me!

• Eddy, Nightmeres, Moosh and 9 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

Nice to see some updates on the dungeon! I'll be sure not to spoil the gimmick, so don't worry about that :P

• Shane likes this

#3 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

I wonder if the gimmick has to do with books...

• Shane and Lightwulf like this

#4 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

I wonder if the book gimmick will be like the portal sphere from IoR? Hmm... we'll see! In the meantime, fantastic work, Shane!

• Shane and Lightwulf like this

#5 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

I guess all we can do is read about the temple in this thread and wait... ...
  • Shane, Eddy and Lightwulf like this

#6 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for the kind words. It may very well be something to do with the books, but that's all I will say. ;) In other news, Level 1 is nearing completion (75% as of this post). At least, the design of it. I will be adding the gameplay after the design is done (and yes, someone told me this mechanic is doable).

Have another screenshot:

[outdated]

What's in that chest??

• Eddy and Matthew like this

#7 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:14 AM

I have to say, I really enjoy the simple yet elegant style of the dungeon. I especially like both of those torch combos.
  • Shane likes this

#8 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Probably stating the super-obvious here, but sounds like some kind of library level?  :slycool:   teehee

• Shane likes this

#9 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

It started out as one, but I guess you can still consider it one if you want since there's books and whatnot.

In any case, the temple is done! ... At least in the design department. I am going to set up the gameplay (basically some scripts) up, the bosses (mini-boss and boss) can wait until late development. This should be the easiest and quickest part however.

Edit: Got all the scripts needed to finish off this dungeon for good! Thanks Avataro!

igwcLJU.png

• Eddy and Soma C. like this

#10 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:00 AM

Some good news and some bad news:

The good news is that I polished the temple some more and now I personally think it's at its best. The bad news however is that when I implemented a global script (namely the shutter script) the script showcased above this post broke, and now I am at a loss as to what to do. I decided to go back to using a backup file but until I learn how to properly add scripts without breaking my entire quest, I am afraid I won't be making much progress.

Edit: For God's sake I'm an idiot. It wasn't the scripts, it was just a matter of me accidentally moving some crucial combos on the combo list to different locations without knowing. :doh:

In other news, I planned a really neat sidequest, it will really add to the exploration of this quest. I hope to add this into the final product as I think it would be a neat addition.

• Eddy, Matthew and Soma C. like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users