how to record ZC

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

i wanted to make a clip of how easy it is in my tropicana island game to get to level one and get keys but.

i tried hypercam and another it will record my windows but not zc what program do i need to use or do to fix it?

#2 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

I believe BB Flashback Express is what most people are using these days. It's not the best, but it's free and works well enough for most people. icon_shrug.gif

Also, the Assistance forum at the top is for assistance with the site, not ZC, programs, or anything like that. I moved this to Computer Discussion/Aid.

#3 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Also Fraps, but it ain't free.

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I recommend Fraps, I finally bit the bullet and plunked 37 bucks into Fraps. Never had an issue since. the framerate is silky smooth and its amazing how much clarify Fraps can capture since it doesn't bother to compress on the fly. It leaves it to the user to compress the resulting video which is EXACTLY how I like it now.

#5 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yeah just need to make sure you have a fast HDD as the video footage Fraps generates is gargantuan and if the HDD can't keep up with it then the recording process will impact the games performance significantly. It's one of the reasons I record all my videos at 30fps, the other reason is 60fps footage is large even after compression >.>

Edited by franpa, 07 March 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#6 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I have to record in a rather odd way. Not sure if Fraps can record ZC directly, so I end up using XSplit to capture the ZC screen and then use Fraps to record off what's on the XSplit screen.

#7 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

is there a way to set up hypercam? or another free program it doesnt matter about the quality. I just wanted to do a quick walkthrough of my quest to show its not that hard.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(tox_von @ Mar 7 2013, 04:22 PM) View Post

is there a way to set up hypercam? or another free program it doesnt matter about the quality. I just wanted to do a quick walkthrough of my quest to show its not that hard.

Hypercam is pretty terrible. It's like the staple of a bad LP. Why not use BB Flashback like LTM recommended?

#9 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

it was said it wasnt free if theres a free version ill try it.

its not recording correctly either all it does is put a black screen with some red writing and no picture.

Edited by tox_von, 07 March 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#10 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(tox_von @ Mar 7 2013, 01:58 PM) View Post

it was said it wasnt free if theres a free version ill try it.
its not recording correctly either all it does is put a black screen with some red writing and no picture.
Try recording in window mode, full screen doesn't work very well with BB. icon_razz.gif (ZC AND BB in window mode)

Edited by Franky, 07 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#11 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

yeah window mode seems to work with all the programs i tried thanks.

#12 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Have you tried Open Broadcaster? it may be for streaming but you save the video and audio to a output file in Mp4 format.

I've used it and its pretty awesome and one thing its "free"

Find it here: http://obsproject.com/

#13 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

hypercam works perfect with window mode you just set the x,y bit and dimentions you want to set. then i used freemake to trim it looks perfect then only 40mb and records at like 400mb

also here is the clip i made if anyone cares.

Edited by tox_von, 07 March 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#14 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

You should get the sound fixed, and it's not a good sign when the creator gets damaged 2 1/2 seconds into the recording. >.<

If you can get sound and music I will give feedback, at this point you're hurting your own work with this video. I suggest BB flashback like LTM or figure out the sound thing. icon_smile.gif

Ingame sound needs to be turned up, then you must go to sound properties and make sure those settings look good. After check in BBflashback or hypercam to get those audio settings correct. You should be able to hear the sound in a test video before you record officially.

Edited by Franky, 07 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#15 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

think i didnt have the sound on when i recorded i dont usually have it on i find it annoying mostly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users