Photo

What type of internet do you have?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Internet

What type?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Time for a Poll from me icon_razz.gif. I wanted to what type of internet you guys use Broadband/DSL, Or Dial up.

Me I use dial up. (I know that's sucktastic)

Edited by Rambly, 09 August 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Broadband, which I guess qualifies as "high-speed internet." It's a reasonable speed, it's just my computer that runs so slowly. icon_frown.gif

#3 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yeah Broadband qualifies as high speed.

If any Mods/site staff reading this please replace High Speed with "Broadband/DSL" in the Poll choice.

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

It is done.

I'm on broadband, here.

#5 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

I am on broadband both at my moms, and my grandmas. Quite a bit faster at my moms place though.

#6 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Rambly @ Aug 9 2012, 07:18 PM) View Post

It is done.

I'm on broadband, here.

Thanks Rambly! icon_smile.gif

#7 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

I sometimes wish I still had dial-up just so I can hear that nostalgia-tastic modem-beeping again. But, then again, actually being able to use the internet without waiting an eternity for everything to load is nice too.

So yeah, broadband.

#8 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Aug 9 2012, 07:30 PM) View Post

I sometimes wish I still had dial-up just so I can hear that nostalgia-tastic modem-beeping again. But, then again, actually being able to use the internet without waiting an eternity for everything to load is nice too.

So yeah, broadband.

You know I have to say out of the many years of owning a dial-up connection. I love the sound that the modem makes when its dialing icon_smile.gif

#9 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

I use Broadband/DSL. Much faster than when we had dial-up. It used to take thirty minutes just to watch a 5 minute video, now it only takes five seconds at the most.

#10 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

I remember back in the day, People PC dialup. You couldnt use the phone during the internet.

But it's High Speed Internet now. Broadband, you made me an impatient person and I love you for that.

#11 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ Aug 9 2012, 09:25 PM) View Post

I use Broadband/DSL. Much faster than when we had dial-up. It used to take thirty minutes just to watch a 5 minute video, now it only takes five seconds at the most.

Man I know what you mean by that but a little worse its takes an hour to watch a 5 minute video >_<

QUOTE(Marco @ Aug 9 2012, 09:34 PM) View Post

Broadband, you made me an impatient person and I love you for that.

^ That's has to be so true xD When I'm on my laptop on high-speed I don't have time to wait.
But I guess I can be glad that Dial up has made me a very patient person.

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

I have Verizon FIOS, which would count as Broadband/DSL.

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

Wow, someone still on dial-up?... Ventus, how much does that cost these days?

Obviously, I am on broadband. We get it through Comcast, along with our cable TV, and we run it through our wireless router. Since I sit right next to the router, I plug into it directly, to save myself a step.

I know there are different types of broadband, but people don't typically differentiate between them these days. icon_shrug.gif I guess that some companies are just better than others, and there won't be any huge jumps in speed until a new technology is invented.

Incidentally, I wonder how many people use wireless connections these days. Perhaps a separate poll could be made to ask various questions about that.

#14 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

icon_smile.gif
Hi

I use Broadband/DSL. icon_thumbsup.gif

#15 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi! icon_smile.gif

I have satellite because I'm a 'dirt road girl'. That is all that is available where I'm at. It is a little better then dial-up but not as fast as cable (broadband). Although they have just come out with a little faster service. But it is a little expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users