Photo

AIM is unofficially dead. What do you use?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

I use facebook, or Skype. I used to use MSN a long time ago, then Yahoo (both of which I find to be kind of crappy).

#17 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

http://gizmodo.com/5...tly-exaggerated

AOL says they're not killing it anytime soon. I won't dismiss it as an eventual possibility, though.

#18 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

Skype is what I use a lot of the time and I haven't had any real problems with it so far. icon_cat.gif

#19 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

It's a shame that Facebook chat has become such a popular means of communicating because it's disgracefully bad. I still pop on AIM occasionally but most of my communicating now is done via e-mail and SMS. Having a phone with a non-touchscreen keyboard makes this means of communicating a lot more manageable.

#20 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

Unlike most, I guess, I didn't stop using AIM until January of 2011. There's a big dramatic story behind it, too, but we won't go into that. icon_deformed.gif

I primarily use Facebook, nowadays. I abstain from actual chat, and mainly use the message system; the chat is far too glitchy, and always results in me getting caught up in four or five conversations I really just don't want to be apart of.

Said the antisocial troll.

But, yes. That. Or good ol' fashioned e-mail.

#21 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Hergiswi @ Mar 25 2012, 02:54 AM) View Post

It's a shame that Facebook chat has become such a popular means of communicating because it's disgracefully bad. I still pop on AIM occasionally but most of my communicating now is done via e-mail and SMS. Having a phone with a non-touchscreen keyboard makes this means of communicating a lot more manageable.

Hi bby how r u?? <3!!!!!!!!

Texting is the most practical form now due to its increase in popularity and pretty much every plan including prepaid offers it free now. Of course with people you only met online you have to use caution giving out your number but texting is like taking a chat client anywhere from work, to the store, to the toilet.

Personally having used flip phones (with no qwerty keypad), sliding phones (with the keypad), and now an iPhone I actually found the qwerty keyboard to be the slowest for me. And anyone who ever texts me knows I use full sentences with punctuation and caps.

#22 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Oh! I meant to ask...

What do people think of Skype? I've been told I need to get one as soon as I can, but I'm not really convinced... icon_blah.gif
QUOTE(Daniel @ Mar 25 2012, 10:27 AM) View Post

Personally having used flip phones (with no qwerty keypad), sliding phones (with the keypad), and now an iPhone I actually found the qwerty keyboard to be the slowest for me. And anyone who ever texts me knows I use full sentences with punctuation and caps.
Interesting. I always prefer using proper grammar and punctuation when I text, but I prefer the qwerty pad. I'm very slow with the regular flip phones and my fat fingertips always hit the wrong keys on the touch screen.

I guess it depends on the hands. icon_deformed.gif

#23 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(Daniel @ Mar 25 2012, 10:27 AM) View Post

Hi bby how r u?? <3!!!!!!!!

hey gurl heeeeeeey!

QUOTE(Adem @ Mar 25 2012, 11:17 AM) View Post

Oh! I meant to ask...

What do people think of Skype? I've been told I need to get one as soon as I can, but I'm not really convinced...

It's pretty cool provided that you have something to say to the other person. I'm used to IRC and texting, where you can idle and stop answering people until you have something constructive to say. Skype is like a glorified phone, and especially if you have the video on, it can be awkward if you run out of things to say. Otherwise, it's a good means of communicating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users