What Antivirus do you use?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:58 AM

Well I use CA Internet Security Suite, which I think is an Australian built program that is relatively cheap to buy. I have had no hassles with it, so I hope it keeps protecting me into the future!

Buy Australian made! icon_razz.gif

#17 Questwizard

Questwizard

The Moldorm Guy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE(Bengal @ Sep 17 2009, 04:32 PM) View Post

Firefox with both NoScript + AdBlock Plus, as well as common sense, are my approach to the anti-virus problem.

I do the exact same thing, and also put on the Web of Trust extension as well.

I also go further by turning off/disabling most all of the "services" that worms and crap usually get in through. I've got so much disabled that I can't even be seen on the LAN or see anybody else on it. Haven't had a problem in years, and the last problem was my brother's fault for downloading an infected version of Netscape many years ago after he killed his computer due to a whole ton of infections.

I'll add this into the mix too. If it isn't DirectX, the .NET Framework, or needed to make a specific program work, I don't EVER do updates. Any that I do end up doing for something (rare), I download manually since I will NOT open IE unless I've got the ethernet cable unplugged and all add-ons off.

Funny part: I'm the only one who doesn't have virus/spyware problems in the house, and everybody else uses a virus scanner and seem to get infected with crap every time I turn around. I've wiped out MyWebSearch and related junk from two of the other computers several times within the last few months. They just keep getting it back from going on Facebook (a good enough reason for me to not use it, MySpace, or Twitter).

Edited by Questwizard88, 18 September 2009 - 02:09 AM.

#18 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:34 AM

When you "allow" a script on Facebook, you should check to see how popular it is--I never try to be the first to do something on Facebook, only after a lot of my friends have done it will I do the same--that way, if they suddenly stop logging onto Facebook (because of a virus or similar) I'll know. icon_razz.gif

#19 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

Ubuntu Linux.

Also, Firefox with Adblock/NoScript, but I should think that would go without saying.

#20 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:51 AM

Also, Firefox with Adblock/NoScript, but I should think that would go without saying.

No no, you need the ManyScripts add-on -.-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users