Disabling Internet Security

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

When I kill the process, this message pops up: http://www.freewebs....ussad/BSAFE.jpg

#17 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

It's pretty ridiculous that they distrust you this much (unless you've got a malicious little brother or something that likes to go onto google and search for "naked people.")

If you're using a recent router or broadband modem it should have blocking of websites/pages by keyword or something (you log into it via a browser and it presents a configuration page) and that should get rid of anything they would consider questionable. (Of course ... yeah, that won't work on dialup but if you're on dialup who needs protection software like that anyway when every questionable site would take an hour to load?) All that "parental control" software does is remove more control from you (and them) than Vista already does.

Another question. Even if they tried to uninstall it, does it actually really uninstall? The way it acts sounds a bit fishy to me, like it might not quite be a legitimate piece of software.

#18 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

Noir has a good point. Where'd you pick this software up? I don't think you want to use proxies for the rest of your life. icon_frown.gif

#19 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

BSafe has been known and trusted for years. It's a legit company, no worries. I've dealt with the software myself, and when it's removed, it's removed.

It's hard to remove, for security of the parents purposes, but if you're the legit person removing it, their tech support (Americans who speak English!!!!) will guide you for free in uninstalling it.

#20 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

Are you sure you stopped the service from loading? That really ought to do it. You could also try using HijackThis to kill it. And maybe see if it works in safe mode.

#21 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, go into the Service manager and see if the BSafe service is running. If it is, stop it...and go into MSConfig and prevent it from starting in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users