Photo

Favorite Windows?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Just wondering.

Which Microsoft Windows Version is your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

I hate to say it, but I'm voting for Windows 95. I miss that OS so much.

#2 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

I'm going to closely monitor this topic as I have seen this before and it can easily be turned into a flame fest. So, keep yourselves in check on this one.

Personally, I prefer neither. I am totally against any form of Windows. I only use it because I must. So, I nulled.

#3 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

The only ones I recall ever using are 90SE and XP. Out of the two I prefer XP.

When I get a new PC I'll probably get one with Vista or another XP.

#4 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:38 AM

As much as I loathe XP, it's still the "best" of all the Windows systems so far (not including the abysmal 64-bit version of XP.)

#5 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

XP, by far. Vista totally blows. icon_smile.gif

#6 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

I too, null voted. I don't hold with using Microsoft products unless I must, as they are a convicted monopolist and use some of the most underhanded and dirty tactics in the business.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

I prefer any other OS over Windows, but it's the most used, so I had a very old version, then 98 then XP. I also used 95 on school computers. So I voted XP, but I remember that when I used 98 then I didn't want to change to XP as soon as it came out. Playing Ultima is 1000% better on 98. So, 98 is a very very close second. Vista is at the very end of the list.

#8 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:12 AM

Hrm, XP, I guess. I couldn't recall much good coming from 98, 95 was so-so, ME was a nightmare, I never got a chance to try out 2000, and everything I've read up on Vista is just terrible.

#9 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

2000 was actually excellent, if I remember correctly, and so was 95, but I'm pretty sure 98 wasn't so good... but I barely remember, I was sort of young. icon_smile.gif

#10 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Noir @ Jan 29 2008, 08:38 AM) View Post

As much as I loathe XP, it's still the "best" of all the Windows systems so far (not including the abysmal 64-bit version of XP.)
Yes. It's more of a question of which is the least bad. I really don't understand how Windows became the norm. Vista would probably suck a lot less if it wasn't rushed out for release. I only use XP 'cause it's what my compy's loaded with.

#11 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(Beefster)
I really don't understand how Windows became the norm.

Well, in short, people wanted a 32-bit OS, and that was when Windows 3.0 happened to come out. See here: http://catb.org/~esr...1.html#id248066

#12 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

I'd use only Linux if I had the choice, but that's not what this is about. So ... XP.

For internet or network applications, having a NT-based OS (NT, 2k, XP as opposed to 95, 98, ME) is a must for security reasons. XP is the latest and I'd say maturest of them all. (Vista has compatibility issues as of now, we'll see where it goes).

#13 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(rocksfan13 @ Jan 29 2008, 09:13 AM) View Post
I'm going to closely monitor this topic as I have seen this before and it can easily be turned into a flame fest. So, keep yourselves in check on this one.

It's sad. But, it's true. Hard to trust people... heck anyone at all nowadays. Goes for all the internet.

Anyhow.

My favorite? Windows 2000. It pretty much has everything XP does (besides the theme), yet it's faster. Requires only 64 MB's of RAM, too, and can run on an old Pentium or Pentium 2 processor.

...But anyhow. On an unrelated note, I'm finally running Ubuntu now. ^.^

#14 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

Vista

What it's stable for me and dose what i want it to

#15 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

Hey! I remember the Windows 95! That was the first real computer I ever used (except maybe for my dad's ancient Amiga). I wish I had it back. But all nostalgia aside, I think I'll vote for the Windows XP. It is, in my opinion, the best Windows OS out there today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users