• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

where can i find the mirror shield please

#47 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Do you know the fire boomerang will bounce magic back like the mirror shield??

But the mirror shield can be found in the item dungeon talked about in a prior post.

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 27 June 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#48 andnay

andnay

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

ahhhh ..... thx

#49 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

For whatever reason when I reached the moon area, ZC started capping my frames at around 30/60 but only for this quest. Do you have a global script that causes this issue or something? I tried it again today and it's still like that but on all the other quests I tried it runs fine.

#50 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Well finished and thoroughly enjoyed your quest Exate. Thank you for uploading the game! :)

It gave me something to do finally and know that I beat it... its time to go look for something else to do. :P   

#51 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

For whatever reason when I reached the moon area, ZC started capping my frames at around 30/60 but only for this quest. Do you have a global script that causes this issue or something? I tried it again today and it's still like that but on all the other quests I tried it runs fine.

The quest has zero scripts in it. It's likely the palette cycling applied to Link.

#52 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

It's definitely the palette cycling. When you try to uncap, it actually prevents it (scrolling between screens is still fast though).

#53 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

The quest has zero scripts in it. It's likely the palette cycling applied to Link.

If it's that that's causing it (which would make sense considering it's only on maps where Link's tunic changes color that it happens), could you give me a build where that isn't present? I'm trying to find all of the secret stuff in this quest, but it's rather difficult because of the lag.

#54 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

If it's that that's causing it (which would make sense considering it's only on maps where Link's tunic changes color that it happens), could you give me a build where that isn't present? I'm trying to find all of the secret stuff in this quest, but it's rather difficult because of the lag.

It's really strange. Where some may lag on the moon, others will lag in the alps or level 2 instead. 

Anyway, here's a build with all instances of palette cycling disabled. I figure I'll eventually link it within the quest description on the database.

http://exate.droppag.../ppizza-npc.zip

#55 captlagnaf

captlagnaf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

I have seen post for the item dungeon but don't know where it is I am up to level 4 but need the mirror shield to advance. I have tried using fire boomerang to reflect damage back but it doesn't seem to do any damage.

#56 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

The fire boomerang is the only way unless you go out of the way to get the shield. Wait for them to use magic, and when it's coming toward you, use your boomerang. If you have the magic shield, it'll help, because you'll block every other attack between boomerang reflects.

#57 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'd like to elaborate on Brian's post a bit more.

For one, altough the magic shield will block incoming magic, the animation period in which Link throws/catches the boomerang leaves him vulnerable.

When taking on mirrorobes, your position on the axis in which the mirrorobe is traveling must be the exact same as their own. If, for example, the mirrorobe is moving east or west, you have to be entirely in their magic's path. If you're half a tile above or half a tile below, the fire boomerang won't hit the magic when thrown from that position. In the case of vertical travel, don't be half a tile left or right.

#58 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

I was told no to enter on that cave, I will be killed and my files erased etc.. etc

sure thing went and entered that cave - a helluba with all inferno!!!

killed everythign with my wooden sword, but how C'om ... was a fierce battle just starting the game

didn't got time to get proper gear ,, it will be like this all the way.?? I mean real though ??

or I'm making to much noise for nothing ?? --- did any 1, killed this beast with just a wooden sword?? :odd:

#59 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

That's actually the only hard spot in the game IMO... but how the hell could you have beaten it with the wooden sword? Did you put cheats on?

#60 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

I let people enter the death three at an early point, just for shock value.

Eppy's reaction in his LP of the quest was worth it, anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users