The Challenges That Lie Ahead

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

With the successful release of Beta 5.6 (yes, I am calling it that) I am happy to say I am more confident than ever in this quest.

But that is not to say that I am capable of handling all of the many possibilities that life can throw in my way that would prove to be very difficult to push through. There are, and I'll honestly admit many possibilities that could cause this quest to never get completed.

Now saying that, before I raise any form of alarm and induce unwarranted doubt, I'll simply elaborate on what I mean. (or believe).

Ever since I started building this quest, I simply just thank my lucky stars for just reaching to the next point, or beta, or level, or simply progress at all, and with that attitude, I have ironically reached goals that not only which I have tasked myself to do, but also exceed my expectations in every possibility.

As I am now in too deep, I feel not only committed but also responsible for this quest, and those I will say are very powerful motivators.

Despite the fact that I will not be working on this quest this summer (as far as game progression goes), I will however take this opportunity to polish the quest, and also reflect and grow as a quest designer and an individual. But what's in plan after the summer is to begin on Level 5 and everything that's associated to it to have a haunted themed atmosphere just in time for Halloween, which will be the next beta.

Than I plan on doing the best I can to have this quest built to some serious developments to the plot which takes place after level 6, and that will conclude my next official beta.

You see, for many of you, to take almost an entire year to build just two levels may seem daunting, and overly discouraging, especially as you heavily anticipate this quest, but the reality is that this quest will certainly take years to become fully completed, and I may even vanish from time to time, but Souls 1 took nearly a decade to finish, and it seriously required 1/4 of the work as this project now demands. But that does not discourage me because, to be frank, it's just so damn exciting, this quest and everything about it is probably one of the most exciting things I've ever done, and the way i see it, it always will be. (until it is completed).

So for those who are following, I appreciate every bit of the support, and it is my duty to fulfill my promises with this quest, and therefore I believe you can put your trust into me despite the common trend of unfinished projects that's been haunting and discouraging fans from anticipating new quests. In fact, it's especially because of that trend I am confident that your trust is not misguided.

Anyways, as for a little update, there is one bit of bad news. But it's bad news that I believe will lead to more promising results. The current format of SoulsofWisdom.com is a failure, and therefore most of my updates will be directed here at PureZC, also, the quest players handbook may also be a project i will eventually drop.

While the site itself remains in an uncertain state, I will take some time to ponder up some ideas in which the site could be beneficiary to myself, to this quest, and to you (the quest player). But until than, I would rather encourage fans to check for updates here at PureZC.

Also, while this is no surprise to anybody at this point right now, I feel compelled against my previous actions of making this quest exclusive at armageddon games (zeldaclassic.com). Though my efforts to support the AGN revival was ambitious, I am simply finding it difficult to host my quest project there in a manner in which I can get the resources and support to help my quest grow. It's nothing personal, as I really enjoyed my time there and the staff is wonderful, but it's simply a matter that their website needs improvements, at least on par to what I have seen here at PureZC when this site upgraded, and it's because of the new features I am not only in full favor of PureZC, but also in full support as well.

(I'm sorry AGN... I do repent, but hope to be forgiven, and perhaps just let it be water under the bridge).

Last but not least, have a wonderful summer!!!

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Don't worry about where you host your updates and the quest project. No matter where it is, I'm sure people will support this.
Also, take your time. An epic masterpiece needs an epic amount of time to be finished :D

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hmmm, you know Cole, you shouldn't have to worry too much about quest development, since, hey, everyone has a real life too! I mean, I too am worried about my quest progress, since next week I am going to enter High School,, and I mean, I'm not sure how much time I will have to work on my quest, but alas, that's how things work, it must always be study and work before gaming.

So in a wrap up, I just say don't worry, you'll have time to time to keep working on Souls 2. If this never gets completed (as you say), hey, everyone has personal situations where something interfers and makes things like this happen. So, I wish you the best of luck, and take your time dude, a great quest like yours takes a lot of time to do, (and patience).

Never give up man! :D

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for the encouraging comments, I am still certain in this quest, and I will try to the best of my potential to keep fans something to look forward to during the long process it will take to complete this quest.

This is why this quest is built using chapters, because each chapter tells its own story, so each beta update will feel like the next episode rather than the next piece.

Also, I am planning on releasing filler side quests built around the Souls universe. Most notably will be Rash's Quest, this side quest will be the only side quest that will be included in the official make of Souls of Wisdom 2 build. This side quest tells the alternate story which tells what would happen if Link had chosen to abandon Hyrule at the end of level 2. Be sure to see this project open up very soon, perhaps I will announce it tonight.

#5 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hey Cole. (Sorry for posting this here :P ) Do you have your messenger full? I tried to PM you earlier but an error said you were not available for new messages...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users