Midis & Secrets??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Talq

Talq

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Okay, so I've kinda hit a little snag when making my quest here..
I've got a TON of secrets scattered everywhere, some shops, some hearts, some traps, some hints, and so on..

The real issue is that I want to put custom midis for each of the type of secrets, as in shop music for shops, trap music for traps, and so on.
However it seems like I can't put music for caves/cellars. I am kinda at my limit here and can't think of a proper way to do this other than to create a whole new map entirely and use that as a base platform, linking all secret rooms to specific rooms on that map. Does anyone know an easier way I could remedy this problem?
Creating a whole new map with nothing but secret rooms seems extremely tedious for a solution.

#2 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Which version of ZC are you using, as the newer versions let you choose different songs for any screens, on any dmap. You can find that on the second or third tab under screen data.

Edited by Franky, 22 February 2013 - 02:48 AM.

#3 Talq

Talq

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE(Franky @ Feb 22 2013, 02:47 AM) View Post

Which version of ZC are you using, as the newer versions let you choose different songs for any screens, on any dmap. You can find that on the second or third tab under screen data.

yeah see, the problem with that is that it doesn't work for caves/cellars. icon_unsettled.gif

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(Talq @ Feb 21 2013, 11:23 PM) View Post

Creating a whole new map with nothing but secret rooms seems extremely tedious for a solution.

And yet, it's what basically everybody does. I'd suggest you do the same, as it's exponentially better than using default caves/item cellars. There's so much more you can do with them. The old style caves really only exist for backwards compatibility; nobody starting a quest in 2.5 should ever use them.

#5 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

Sorry man, I don't use caves or cellars. Never needed too! icon_razz.gif I'm surprised people still use them. You could create your own with dungeon settings and use whatever music you'd like.

#6 Talq

Talq

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Feb 22 2013, 02:51 AM) View Post

And yet, it's what basically everybody does. I'd suggest you do the same, as it's exponentially better than using default caves/item cellars. There's so much more you can do with them. The old style caves really only exist for backwards compatibility; nobody starting a quest in 2.5 should ever use them.

pleh, yeah, more you can do, but when you really just want to make a basic default item cave/cellar, the old setup is alot easier... now I have to basically make 40-60 rooms that all look the same while half of them have the same music T_T.. and set up all the exits again...

the "old" system may not be stylish, but it is sure as heck convenient for what it does =(
Really really sucks that stupid midis don't work for them..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users