Photo

Hardware question for all

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: THE NUMBERS, MASON? WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

What do you use to play ZC

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 February 2024 - 05:03 PM

95% of the time I am using the keyboard for playing quests. It's also the only thing I willingly use KB for as I use a controller for literally everything else, if I can (except the rare FPS, I tend to use KBM for those but I don't play them super often.)

Now If I'm playing a quest that has a lot of jumping, or makes use of basically all the buttons I will use a controller. I feel moving Link is still better with arrow keys, but I will forget what key is what sometimes since quests just have "A" and "B" and most people seem to use Z and X or some other combination. It's easier for me to on the fly read buttons as they would be on a controller face. Also some keyboards don't play nice if you are holding down two or more keys with an arrow key.

(voted KBM btw)

#17 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 February 2024 - 05:41 PM

Pretty much exclusive controller user. I'll use keyboard sometimes if I'm playtesting something small and too lazy to grab the controller, but I find the keyboard layout hurts my wrists and I can never quite find a comfortable set of keybinds.

#18 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 07 February 2024 - 03:08 AM

The idea of using a keyboard for anything that doesn't require a billion buttons (e.g. an MMO, an RTS maybe, shit like rimworld that probably has a bunch of shortcuts) or precise aiming like an FPS is baffling to me. 

I couldn't imagine playing something like dark souls or a platformer on KB+M.

#19 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 29 February 2024 - 06:31 AM

Back in the day I always used keyboard.

As an old school console gamer, I always hated the feel of playing a game on a keyboard but did it since I didn't really have any choice.

About 12 or so years ago, I finally got my hands on a Super Famicom replica USB controller. After years and years of wanting to play ZC with a controller, I love it and can never go back. I have A and B mapped accordingly. Select is Map, L & R are the item cycles, and X brings up the ZC engine menu. I forget what I have Y mapped to. It makes the experience feel that much more authentic, like I'm playing on a SNES :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users