Photo

Harp of ages

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:44 AM

Off-topic is my middle name. icon_heh.gif

PS: So then, if you had an item that could send Link to two periods in time, say past and present, and had an item that changed the seasons, then that is actually no duplicate screens at all...just simply two separate maps since the dmaps for the seasons are all the same map on both worlds, which a script is keeping track of. Sounds feasible enough to me.

PPS: Yes. You can read data off any one of any given Combos attributes to turn the FFC into an autowarp type. There is no "right" way to do it. Just what is more efficient for what you need it to do.

#17 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:15 AM

Oh, I never thought about it that way hmmmmm..but in the script, I'm using dmap checking and if true, warps link to dmap2 if he has the required item ,and if he doesn't have the item he doesn't warp anywhere ,since I'm guessing that's what "warp = -1" is for. I think using dmaps is better though, I believe it is more easier than using a whole bunch of variables that would take the script to take long. And besides,parts of the code is based off the script matthew gave me to start off, but instead of it being an item script is an item global script which I think its easier,because I'm adding joe123's link animation graphics of when he uses the harp.

And with the combo checking.
so I don't need to use ComboT to check the combo's combo type?

Because what I have set up is: when link has the required item and he uses it, the tune of echoes plays with him being seen playing harp. When he finishes playing the tune of echoes, the script checks the timehole ffc combo on the screen, and if true,it becomes the timeportal ffc combo,and if true,it changes the combo type to an autowarp.then it warps you using screen->wavy. Then when the tune of currents and ages is used it uses 2 flags to warp. But its becoming a bit complicated.

Ps. for the last time, the rod is not being created. Therefore, is 2 dmaps and 1 map. ^_^.

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

Uhrm...
I said 8 cause drz here got me to write him a Rod of Seasons script, which (if you haven't played OoS) changes the season (surprisingly enough).
So that means you need 3 duplicate screens for every screen you make (one for each season).
Then, if you have the Harp of Ages, which allows you to move between two different periods in histroy, that doubles the number of screens for 4 to 8, so you need 7 duplicate screens for each one you make.

#19 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

Rod of seasons? I could have sworn you wrote me the ocarina of seasons lol. So for the harp of ages i need to make 3 duplicate maps? Is'nt it only 2 dmaps? Past and present?

#20 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Same difference.
And I never said you needed 3.

#21 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

I guess ill post half of what I've made since I hav'nt finished yet whilst I'm still learning to script global.

And matthew, that combo checking in your script does'nt seem to go very well. Its declaring
CODE

FFCLoad = 0;
FFCLoad = 0;

twice which doesn't make it compile...someone know why?

#22 Elmensajero

Elmensajero

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

^ Change "int FFCLoad=0;" near the top of the script to "ffc FFCLoad;" and see if that helps any.

#23 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

Ok thanks elmensajero ;-) i got it to work icon_smile.gif finnally after two weeks =p it works very good. The problem i have is that when i play the tune of echoes, the portal does'nt appear. But the others work fine. Any ideas of whats wrong? P.s wow i did it, my first global script icon_smile.gif

#24 Elmensajero

Elmensajero

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

Can you post your version of the script? It's difficult to find problems when you don't have anything to look at icon_wink.gif

wow i did it, my first global script
Congratz icon_biggrin.gif, keep on learning, eventually you will write some scripts that will blow everyone's mind!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users