Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#736 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:26 PM

Game breaking bug.   Saved in the Crypt and I respawn in the top wall and can't move.   1st floor, 3 rooms up from the bottom and one row over from the far left.   Tell me how to post a screenshot and I can.  I'm done until fixed.

The top wall near the stairs, and not in the corner? Wow. Okay, I've adjusted the warp return coordinates to all be in the same spot to the left of the stairs. Download the version linked here.

https://www.dropbox....DoY250.qt0?dl=0

ShaIaPr.jpg

Found a bombable wall at the edge of the map. Went through and got stuck. Had to F6 to continue.

What do you mean, got stuck? Is the screenshot a "before" or "after" picture?
Either way, a side-warp was made to warp to the next screen, though it's a bit janky due to where the Dmap location slider is. Urgh. The map coordinates were always offset there. 

on the old vertion when i kill all monsters on this room , the up door supposed to open but now it keep closed, it is a bug or i have to do something else?

That door  was never supposed to really be openable. It's supposed to give you the boss key. There's no reason to get in there early.

i see that this dungeon have alot of changes since the old version that im confused but challenging

Yep, sure were a lot of changes.

#737 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

where is the big key location on the crypt dungeon, i cant find it

#738 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, that's a toughie. Find your way down to the bottom floor of the Crypts - B3. Then find this screen.

Spoiler

I circled the block you need to push. Go up the stairs the block revealed. Then go a screen west and clumsily fall back into that large rectangular pit in the room. Then go north, then east. The boss key is in that room.

#739 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:42 AM

Oh Damn , i did was on that room like 20 times :shrug:  and i had no clue, but now i understand, i will try it when i get back to home, thanks  :D

Yeah, that's a toughie. Find your way down to the bottom floor of the Crypts - B3. Then find this screen.

Spoiler

I circled the block you need to push. Go up the stairs the block revealed. Then go a screen west and clumsily fall back into that large rectangular pit in the room. Then go north, then east. The boss key is in that room.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#740 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:42 AM

zc-screen00001.png
zc-screen00015.png

on the train station dungeon ,where do i get the keys from the photos i show, i did got only a few keys and now im empty on keys, I thought if i beat the crypt dungeon and get the hammer was the awnser but is not

#741 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:58 AM

The blocks in the upper screenshot are boss lock blocks. Those will unlock automatically when you get the boss key, which is locaated a screen or two north of the second screenshot. But you'll loop around to the left, then up again to get it, so don't worry about that for now.

What we have to do is get you another regular key. From the second screenshot, go:

East, South, East, East, South, then walk through the southern wall to get a key. That's probably the one that was missed. There aren't many keys or locked doors in the Train Station.

#742 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:01 PM

The download link says it's a "qt0" file not a "qst" file and it's 25MB.   That doesn't seem right?  

#743 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:14 PM

What? Ew. x6UVNAX.png Try This then.

#744 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

That one worked...but.   I spawn just left of the staircase but before I gain control of the character he still moves up a few steps and gets stuck in the wall, unable to move.   I can see him, stab with my sword and kill enemies, but I can't move.  

#745 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:50 PM

Please take a screenshot of the room you're stuck in. Screenshots make everything better.

#746 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

Sorry to show my noobishness, but I've never figured out how to post one.   I know how to take one (F12), and I think I need to use a some type of photo-hosting service, but I've never figured out exactly how to do it.   The link might work.

Room is on F1, directly below the far-left eye in the skull.  Closed door on left, two open doors on right, open door to the south, red floor in the middle with two torches, stairs near the top left.   I spawn just to the left of the stairs, move up, and I'm basically situated on the border between the floor and wall.   I can hit enemies below me, they cannot damage me.  I cannot move.  

http://s86.photobuck...html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by SofaKing, 11 August 2019 - 03:09 PM.

#747 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for the screenshot. Try this.

#748 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

And I'm back at it!   Plan to try and play quite a bit this week.   I've also been playing Mike's Fun House but I'm going to take a break from that for a bit.   I tried to post the screenshot I linked as an image but I got an error message that it was an improper file type.  If I knew how to fix that problem I could post them which might be helpful for both of us as I move forward.    

#749 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:52 PM

There's a basic guide for it here. But if the URL doesn't end in .jpg, .png, .gif, (etc) it won't be a real image and can't display in IMG tags. Basically, click the final result yourself to see if it ends up being able to be displayed. If you can't see it, no one else can.

#750 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:30 PM

I got it!  

7XJVGcA.png

Edit:  Small hint as to where to go after beating the third incarnation of the Crypt Boss? (blue floor outside room, B2 I think?).   I have four keys and suspect I need the hammer next.   I'm going in circles.  This place is confusing AF.  I feel like I might be missing an entrance somewhere.  

Edited by SofaKing, 11 August 2019 - 09:51 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users