Favourite pokemon

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

As the title said, what is your favorite pokemon from each generation. You can discuss about why you like them, etc, but please do not just hate particular pokemon for their aesthetic aspects like their appearance or animation (B/W).

My list of favorite pokemon:
Gen I:
  • #151 - Mew: Very unpredictable to fight, and is often too late once you find out what set it is running. It also has no concrete threats to contend with and it has access to all moves taught by Tutor, TM, etc.
Gen II:
  • #235 - Smeargle: Access to all moves is epic. Nuff' said.
Gen III:
  • #254 - Sceptile: An excellent Swords Dance user. Fastest starter (and is on par with pokemon like Arceus and Alakazam in terms of speed), respectable Attack power, has decent access to recovery (which most sweepers don't get at all) in Drain Punch and a surprisingly wide movepool that allows it to sweep teams provided things like Heracross and Typhlosion aren't present.
  • #385 - Jirachi: Give it a King's Rock, Thunder Wave and Iron Head and you have the best troll pokeon you can get. Guaranteed to cause ragequits. :trollface:
Gen IV:
  • #448 - Lucario: A great all-round attacker that can perform a variety of roles. Give it Nasty Plot and it can punch holes in the opponent's team by removing specially weak targets like Skarmory and Magnezone or just outright sweep. It also gets Swords Dance so it can perform a similar role but on the physical side and can be used as an OU version of the dreaded Extremekiller Arceus that rules the Ubers tier, just without the powerful 120 attack and STAB. From what I recall, it also can set up dual-screens to make Stall or Hyper Offense easier to pull off. There's more, but I don't have the time.
Gen V:
  • #637 - Volcarona: Unique typing and has plenty of powerful attacks to throw around. It is also one of the few Fire-types that function well under rain if played correctly. In the sun, it can easily sweep opposing teams with little trouble unless opponents like Tyranitar and Terrakion come into the ring. (It would be sooooo broken if it got Drought instead of Flame body as its ability)

Edited by Orin XD, 20 September 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#2 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Gen 1: Mewtwo with Life Orb or Chansey with Eviolite
Gen 2: Xatu with Light Clay
Gen 3: Kyogre with Choice Specs
Gen 4: Arceus with either Choice Band or Spooky Plate
Gen 5: Serperior with Contrary

I mostly play Ubers competitively.

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Gen 1: Magikarp
Hells yeah it's Magikarp, bitch! If I could attend a pokemon convention, I'd totes cosplay as this guy. I have a team of 6 Magikarp at level 100 with Splash and Tackle and we ALWAYS win tournaments. I never evolve my magikarp. Gyrados is weak and not even a real dragon. Use any electric move on Gyrados and POW, no more Gyrados. Magikarp can tank a Thunder Wave like a boss and still be ready for more. To maximize my Magikarp strategy I have a random number generator designed to determine whether I'll use Splash or Tackle on the next turn. You best watch yourself, 'cuz all my Magikarp were authentically fished up with an Old Rod and grinded to level 100 on the first fucking route. Magikarp is hardcore.
Gen 2: Dunsparce
I really like dunsparce. He's no Magikarp but he's still pretty cool. A bit OP if you ask me, though. I hope they nerf him for gen 6. Anyways, he looks pretty chill and that's what counts.
Gen 3: Gardevoir
So as you can probably guess, I don't have a girlfriend. Who needs one, though, I have a whole rule 34 gallery of Gardevoir. It's not even a good Pokemon but its got tits so who cares? Girlfriends are overrated. Gardevoir is my waif.
Gen 4: Lucario
So let me start by saying that I'm not gay, but Lucario makes me SO MOIST. Dude, you don't even know. Lucario is sexy on a whole other level. Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm him and…dude. Lucario is a sexy beast.
Gen 5: Stunfisk
I don't think I even need to explain. Just…fucking Stunfisk.

Edited by Moosh, 20 September 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#4 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Gen I: Poliwrath
Gen II: Lanturn (All around favorite)
Gen III: Swellow
Gen IV: ???
Gen V: Tepig

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Gen 1: Arcanine
Gen 2: Kingdra
Gen 3: None of them. They all sucked.
Gen 4: Electivire
Gen 5: Haxorus

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Generation I - The Charmander family. Because it's impossible to pick from one of the three.
Generation II - Pichu, my overall favorite of any generation. It's just too adorable.
Generation III - This was a pretty bad gen, I dunno, Torchic was alright I guess?
Generation IV - This... was also pretty bad, with a ton of terrible shoehorned relationships to previous generations. I guess Piplup was cute or something.
Generation V - Literally every single one of these is terrible except for Snivy.

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Sep 20 2012, 10:32 AM) View Post

Generation V - Literally every single one of these is terrible except for Snivy.

You mean Smugleaf. Smugleaf is a pretty cool Pokemon.

Edited by Moosh, 20 September 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#8 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Gen I - Flareon (For some reason, prefer picking Flareon over having a Charizard.)
Gen II - Ariados (Ariados was my legendary dog catcher.)
Gen III - Absol (I like the cut of its jib.)
Gen IV - Staraptor (The only Gen IV pokemon I can think of that I really like, it's probably the best out of the generic normal/flying types.)
Gen V - Mienshao (It's interesting, it's different... And it has a really good moveset, what can I say?)

Yarp.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Gen 1: All of them. Although if I have to pick one... probably Charmeleon.
Gen 2: Quilava.
Gen 3: Gardevoir. As long as you never, ever do a google image search for her, she's pretty awesome.
Gen 4: Lucario. Or possibly Riolu. Yeah, I like the overrated one. Get over it. Oh, and Luxio too. He's awesome.
Gen 5: Dewott, because I'm a huge fan of otters.

Wow... three out of five of them are second stage starters. Huh.

#10 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

1. Charmander
2. Suicune
3. Rayquaza
4. Infernape
5. None. Gen 5 is bad and it should feel bad.

#11 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Sep 20 2012, 07:18 AM) View Post
You can discuss about why you like them, etc, but please do not just hate particular pokemon for their aesthetic aspects like their appearance or animation (B/W).

Why does it matter why we like/dislike certain pokemon? If I like 150 Pokemon of Gen I and dislike Electabuzz because it's yellow and black, then Electabuzz is still my least favorite.. I thought this was about our favorites anyhow?

Favorites:
Gen I - Raichu, Eevee, Flareon
Gen II - Umbreon, Espeon, Suicune
Gen III - Latios/Latias
Gen IV - Glaceon, Leafeon
Gen V - NONE

I listed up to 3rd for Gens that I have multiple favorites in.

#12 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Sep 21 2012, 05:42 AM) View Post

Why does it matter why we like/dislike certain pokemon?

The aim of this thread that I had in mind was because I wanted to see a list of the community's favourite pokemon and that I am sick of people hating the newer gens out of nostalgia and appearnce. On that note (for those who have said Gen x was bad, especially those who skipped that gen), I would perfer that you explain why they were so bad that you couldn't pick any.

Edited by Orin XD, 20 September 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Oh, Orin. You can't always assume people dislike the newer stuff simply because we have nostalgia for the older games. If that were the case, I'd hate all new Zelda characters and races while adamantly declaring the old ones were far better. If you want my reasoning why I thought the newer generations were bad, it's because they're mostly highly unoriginal (particularly the ice cream and garbage bag Pokémon in Gen V), they just look odd (I know you told us not to use appearance as a reason but it's a very valid reason), and, well, they don't have the same charm as the older generations. I don't judge based on functionality, because I couldn't care less about that. And Gen I and II aren't perfect either, but they were certainly better than the newer generations. :shrug:

#14 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Gen 1: Dragonite
Gen 2: Ariados
Gen 3: Mudkip
Gen 4: Staraptor
Gen 5: Mienshao

#15 Dan358

Dan358

Whatever. I don't care.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Gen I: Blastoise: My first fully evolved Pokemon back when I played FireRed.
Gen II: Lanturn: It's very unique with its typing. It also has Volt Absorb which is very useful.
Gen III: Aggron: It has a very high base defense and special defense and has a whole lot of resistances.
Gen IV: Honchkrow: Pretty strong. It has a fair moveset. And it's a crow.
Gen V: ??? (I actually haven't play generation five a whole lot so...)

Gen III is my favorite because it had a vast collection of Pokemon you can catch. (D/P/Pt/B/W just didn't have the same diversity)

Edited by Dan358, 20 September 2012 - 05:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users