Travel below the main dungeon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

In 2.10 I want to build a dungeon that makes you explore the bottom part of the dungeon like this:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I would like to know how to do this?

#2 wsuraider88

wsuraider88

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

I'm pretty sure that you would make the last tile on the top floor that leads down to the bottom floor a warp tile, then make it a direct warp.

then make layer 5 or 6 the ceiling, just like on the floor you used on the main floor. hope that works!

#3 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(wsuraider88 @ Jul 29 2007, 08:46 PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure that you would make the last tile on the top floor that leads down to the bottom floor a warp tile, then make it a direct warp.

then make layer 5 or 6 the ceiling, just like on the floor you used on the main floor. hope that works!

I tried it, but it doesn't seem to work. Do I need to copy the room on another DMap?

#4 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(Bowser Blanchette @ Jul 29 2007, 09:44 PM) View Post

I tried it, but it doesn't seem to work. Do I need to copy the room on another DMap?
Basically yes; you need to make a copy, and then edit it so that the upper floor is on a layer above Link (3-6). You can then use warps at the top and bottom of the stairway to switch the player from one to the other.

#5 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(Snarwin @ Jul 29 2007, 10:07 PM) View Post

Basically yes; you need to make a copy, and then edit it so that the upper floor is on a layer above Link (3-6). You can then use warps at the top and bottom of the stairway to switch the player from one to the other.

Thanks, Snarwin. I got it working.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:12 AM

you could have just asked me. But that's basically what I did, the top or bottom of the ladder was the direct warp to the upper/lower floor and I just simply swapped out the layers from below Link to above Link + few extra where needed to complete the illusion. And it had to be copied to another map and a new dmap made for it.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 30 July 2007 - 07:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users