New IRC server

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

With the closure of initialized.org, #PureZC may, for the time being, be found on irc.northfire.org in #PureZC.

#2 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:07 AM

Ah, good to see.
I edited my thread that pertained to the IRC issue at hand with this new server information.

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:44 AM

Yes... this was really... a great thing... after that last... "event", this is a joyful news for me... Really... Thanks, to whoever decided to close that ****... Really.

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:07 AM

We've already found it enjoyable, and we already have drama going on. The move hasn't killed me yet. Not to mention, some nice admins there...

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:28 AM

If the northfire server has any problems, please consider Lunarnet (irc.lunarnet.org port 6667).

Like I said in the other topic, it has really attentive admin staff, multiple server backups, and a good set of serv features. icon_smile.gif It's also geared well towards old school gamers and not overloaded with people.

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:50 AM

May I ask, um, why did it close? The site is still up.

#7 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 16 2008, 05:50 AM) View Post

May I ask, um, why did it close? The site is still up.

From what I can tell, Scoria simply got tired of maintaining the server. I really can't blame him; having to put up with the constant raids and hack attempts would probably drive me insane as well.

The Northfire IRCops seem like pleasant people, and the server is small and seems to be stable enough. I think it'll be a good home, at least for now.

#8 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

Hopefully, someone will intervene and set up a server specifically for PureZC. That is, if we have made this our permanent IRC home.

#9 soundlyParanoid

soundlyParanoid

History / Lit Geek

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 16 2008, 02:28 AM) View Post

If the northfire server has any problems, please consider Lunarnet (irc.lunarnet.org port 6667).

Like I said in the other topic, it has really attentive admin staff, multiple server backups, and a good set of serv features. icon_smile.gif It's also geared well towards old school gamers and not overloaded with people.

Yeah. On that note. GU's offered to accommodate for PureZC's channel, also. So if there's any issues with the server we've relocated to, we can move there.

#10 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

Already changed the address. So far @ commands don't work yet, as WildBillBot hasn't arrived, but that's alright. I'll deal with that until then.

EDIT: WBB is up. @ commands should work now.

Edited by Linkus, 16 June 2008 - 11:01 AM.

#11 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

Where we ultimately stay will depend upon a number of factors, such as how much power I can get and where our friends move. It looks like stability and friendliness isn't going to be a problem on Northfire, and they're welcoming new channels, so if everybody would inform our friends from initialized to consider moving there, that would be great.

#12 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

I almost never enter the chat room, but I can already tell that the move will be a good thing. icon_smile.gif I hope there won't be any problems with hackers over there.

#13 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

It is strange after being a member of initialized for four years that I log on one day to see it is gone. Many e-memories there.

But I like Northfire so far, everyone seems friendly and the server is still small so most of our nicks are open still, even a name as common as mine was.

Edit: Just noticed yesterday was my four year anniversary here, I joined initialized just days before I joined the forums.

Edited by Daniel, 16 June 2008 - 02:41 PM.

#14 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 16 2008, 02:37 PM) View Post

It is strange after being a member of initialized for four years that I log on one day to see it is gone. Many e-memories there.

But I like Northfire so far, everyone seems friendly and the server is still small so most of our nicks are open still, even a name as common as mine was.

Edit: Just noticed yesterday was my four year anniversary here, I joined initialized just days before I joined the forums.

Mine wasn't available, and I'm not quite happy with how everyone likes to mock me just because I want my identity here on the forums to match what I have on IRC. So do me a favor, since I might NOT be returning anytime soon, since some network administrator there doesn't seem to want to allow me to have my name, since we are the largest room there, I don't see why the netadmins are happy with driving a user away. Oh well. Don't confuse that Sephiroth with me.

#15 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

What if that Sephiroth is thinking the same thing? What if he's thinking that you've got some serious gall in using his name? It just may be perfectly fair. If neither party is willing to compromise, well, then you'll have to figure something out for yourself.

Oh god, I've got so many IRC clients to reconfigure...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users