• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

Official Demo

This is the official demo for Souls of Wisdom 2. This is where the game begins, and it includes areas such as Eldin Island, Lost Woods, and an intro dungeon. I spent the past few weeks polishing this area of the game to show what Souls of Wisdom 2 is truly capable of.

This quest now includes more scripts to enhance the player experience. While these scripts don't add anything cool or flashy to the game, they do however improve on the quality of the way the game is played and presented.

Also, I would like to personally thank Moosh for providing me the boss script. He put in extra effort to make this boss perfect, even after I told him not to put too much effort into it. lol He deserves a huge credit for his help and participation. This demo wouldn't be as good without his contributions. So with that, I say thanks!

Please rate, and provide comments and criticism.

(I officially updated the demo, with the issues of 2.50 resolved).

Download Here

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 19 May 2014 - 08:53 PM.

• Jared and WindRobe like this

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Oh, yes, this looks good. I'll be trying this out. I like how this now has more scripts! :D

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

One thing I'll need to report, I forgot to fix the big map in the subscreen. (forgot to add one more like it).

Either way, that's only a minor thing to fix, the mini map in the passive subscreen should be more than enough to get you through the intro level, and to be honest, I doubt you'd even need a map at all, but it certainly helps. 

Also, let me know if the boss is too difficult. I wanted to make him as challenging, but not too challenging. 

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Boss sucks. It needs more pistols, lasers, super bombs and NJFessness :lol:

Nah, boss is great, I lost about 2 hearts and a half to it, I think it's perfect ;) Keep the detailed work up my friend! This has improved since the earlier demos! :D

• WindRobe likes this

#5 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Hey man not sure if this is a bug but the big key is missing from that big chest in the intro level, Ive played your beta 5.6 before and it was really good but this one is a lot smoother

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

That happened when Kaz played it as well, I just counted it off as a single incident. What version of Zelda Classic are you using? That big may be related to a compatibility issue.

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

qXDbYOQ.png

Found this; look in front of Link. You used the wrong stumps.

Other than that, the only thing I could say so far is make the soldiers (are they meant to look like they are crying blood, also? it looks like that to me) move a bit faster, but other than that I admire the story and complexity of the overworld so far.

Edited by Charizard, 05 May 2014 - 12:08 AM.

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

Thank you, in fact this entire forest once used the wrong stumps. I had to change them all. I was very new to the tile set when I created this forest. Most of what you see is a result of recent remodelling, but some of my old mistakes are still left behind. I'll fix that tomorrow morning.

And thanks for the compliments! I appreciate it.

#9 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

This looks great so far!  Massive improvements from previous betas.

Though, I seem to be having the same problem with the big chest containing the boss key being empty...

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

That's very weird, should I report this somewhere? Because all my beta testers were able to get the key from the chest.

What version of ZC are you using?

#11 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

If i'm not mistaken, I am using the latest 2.5 version (Though I did download the program last summer, so I'm not sure if 2.5's been updated since then).  It does seem weird that every other treasure chest works but this one.

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

I've been building on 2.50 RC2 (the newest one).

#13 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

I've been building on 2.50 RC2 (the newest one).

Why are you building your quest in a beta? Don't be surprised if some people ignore your quest because of that. Use official Zc 2.5  :?

#14 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:00 PM

That happened when Kaz played it as well, I just counted it off as a single incident. What version of Zelda Classic are you using? That big may be related to a compatibility issue.

I'm using the official ZC 2.5

#15 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

I'm stuck in the Lost Woods. I got the Master Sword and that's it. Could I get some help, please?

I don't mean to be very harsh, but your screen design is...terrible, honestly. It's so crowded, overfilled, and it just doesn't flow well together at all. It almost pushes me away so much that I don't even want to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users