Matthew Bluefox's Quest Corner

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#46 maravig

maravig

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

Thanks!  I see what you mean.  What I can access in 3-4 hasn't yielded the raft yet, but I'll keep plugging away until i do.    :-)

#47 blackice

blackice

• Members

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:15 AM

Have you found the flute yet?  You will need that to get the raft to get the ladder to get the bracelet and so on.  :)

BTW maravig, I have beaten the game and finished it all except for level 5-1.  That level has no regular key, or so I can not find.  Anyway, if you have any other questions, please feel free to drop me a private message.

#48 maravig

maravig

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:43 AM

I have the flute and power bracelet.  In regards to 3-4. I've gone through the top half and most of the bottom half.  Stll no luck.  I've bombed and played the flute in every room.  I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by maravig, 28 August 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#49 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:30 AM

Try the bottom left corner in 3-4 for the raft. There is a recurring secret which is also hinted by the old man sometimes.

There is no bug in Level 5-1, by the way. There are four keys and four locked doors. Please check every room and kill every enemy possible. :)

#50 maravig

maravig

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

I beat level 5-1, but came back with an extra key and finished with none.  where are the wand and book?  Is there a lens of truth in this game?

Edited by maravig, 02 September 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#51 maravig

maravig

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

Which dungeon contains the Silver Arrow?

nvm, finally found it

Edited by maravig, 05 September 2016 - 10:02 AM.

#52 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:30 AM

There is a lens of truth, indeed. :) Also, there is always an equal ratio of keys to locked doors in every dungeon. :) Thanks for playing my quest, Maravig. :) Wand and book are in 6-4 and 4-2. :)

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 17 September 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#53 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:07 PM

Okay, after some time, I found a moment to edit a room in the Challenge dungeon (Maxi / NLOZ 2) where the blocks had the wrong color. I also fixed another minor bug in NLOZ 2 where a guy was set wrong to Merchant, butt should have been set to Abei. So, nothing wild, butt after such a long time without a note, I think this is worth a small patch.

The file is awaiting approval now, so I would try the download tomorrow evening.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 15 November 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#54 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:25 PM

I'm currently playing the New LOZ Quest 3. I was able to get the magic sword with only 9 hearts

The message said I needed at least 12 hearts.

#55 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:37 PM

You know, it's always funny when I have just made a patch in over three months (and this is not the first time it's happened) and right after approval of the patch, someone posts a MAJOR bug which, in ALL the time this quest has been online, NOBODY ever noticed.

Thanks a lot for this find, Spelunker! Apparently, in the remastering process, I was testing around with heart requirements and it never came to my mind to check those again before releasing the quests. Funny enough, the heart requirements for the swords were set to 4 and 8 instead of 5 and 12 ... in ALL the five individual quests (New 1-3 and Mini 1+2). Maxi was the only correct quest in terms of heart requirements.

I have posted a hotfix that corrects the heart requirements in all of my quests from 4 to 5 hearts (White Sword) and from 8 to 12 hearts (Magical Sword). The "Maxi" quest is unaffected by this change.

The hotfix is awaiting approval, so please wait 24 hours from this post timestamp as usual for the patch to be online.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 16 November 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#56 General_Milky

General_Milky

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:04 AM

Playing NLOZ1 right now, and I'm sad about some of the changes made between this and the old Zelda Deluxes. Why is the Lorule overworld theme the same as Hyrule, when Mirror Hyrule used the title theme to help it stand out? I liked how the dungeons had a rising color pallete, starting with light blue, ending at red and hot pink. Now it seems the dungeon colors are random, and lorule just feels like... hyrule. Again. It even lost its upgraded octoroks. Levels 6-8 also use the normal dungeon theme instead of the level nine theme like before... why all the thematic downgrades? Seems strange that you'd just kill all the personality it had previously like that.

#57 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

Are you sure you are playing the most updated version? There is a whole new soundtrack by BigJoe, you shouldn't be hearing the standard music at all. And as far as I know, the soundtrack (NSF file) is included in the quest pack file I've provided in the download on the QDB. Lorule has been made easier a bit, indeed, but you still have custom Octoroks and Moblins and Lynels, and even Leevers or Peahats.

The MP3 soundtrack was causing a huge bandwidth issue after some time, that's why I went to an NSF format and BigJoe kindly offered me his talent to make even all new music in additional to some of his official 5th quest music. The dungeon colors are basically back to normal, because that's how players could guess what enemy types are inside the level. The pink Level 8 hurt some people's eyes and I got negative feedback on most of the custom dungeon colors. That's also why I changed them back.

I hope you got the wrong version, because what you described is definately not how the most updated version looks or sounds like. The only bit I agree with is the enemies got downgraded a little bit in Lorule, so you will see Level 2 and 3 enemies in Lorule now instead of Level 3 and 4 enemies (there are no more Level 4 enemies for any overworld type). The black Lynel is still quite deadly though, especially in a group of three paired with three blue Lynels to back them up. Also the black Leever is a tuff cookie if you aren't prepared for it and suddenly it appears quickly out of nowhere.

Overall, the whole game (all quests and Maxi) is a lot more balanced now with the enemies made easier in Lorule, and also with the altered enemy types in the dungeons (lowered HP on the custom Like Like enemy variants for example).

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 19 November 2016 - 12:44 PM.

#58 General_Milky

General_Milky

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

I may have something wrong with the soundtracks. I definitely do have the most recent version, but it may not be working properly for me.

I started Maxi after finishing NLOZ1 and found Minirule has no music at all, it's just silence. Maybe it's because I'm not using the most recent version of ZC.

Edit: Okay, I found out what I did wrong. I moved the .qst files from the archive individually, and forgot to move the soundtrack files with them. So THAT issue is solved, at least.

Edited by General_Milky, 19 November 2016 - 01:04 PM.

#59 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:53 AM

Great to hear, I'm relieved. Of course, about the other issues you've mentioned, I accept your opinion and thank you for posting it. :)

#60 Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Looking for some help with Maxi.

I just finished 5-5 but didn't find the item.  Could someone give me a hint as to where it is?

Also need a clue about the location of the Magic Sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users